Complaint Review: Tax Group Center

• Updated: Thu, April 14, 2011

• Reported By: Charles — New York United States of America
Tax Group Center
5010 Parkway Calabasas, California United States of America

Tax Group Center Progressive Tax Group ENDED UP PAYING MORE THAN I OWED IN TAX FOR SERVICES THAT WERE NEVER RESOLVED! Calabasas, California

My wife and I chose this company because the person on the phone paved a very credible picture about the service. So we signed up with 3,500 to start because they promised us over the phone that if we paid the whole fee in full it would expedite the process and we could have this settled as soon as they got the documents signed and our questionnaires back. I called and they confirmed that they did receive my paperwork back but that it would take another two weeks or so to assign the case even though I was told my case would be expedited due to full payment. Then I called back two weeks later and I kept getting the run-around that someone would call me back.

Finally 3 months later an assistant called me back, not an attorney and only told me that they would be starting to work on my case now? What had they been doing this whole time? Then I called back another month later and I was told that my case had been re-assigned to another person! So that they had to review my paperwork AGAIN and also that I might even have to send them more bank statements because my paperwork was outdated! IT WAS OUTDATED BECAUSE THEY HADNT EVEN BEGUN TO WORK ON MY CASE UNTIL MONTHS AFTER THEY HAD CASHED MY CHECK! To top this off, Kimberly Albert called me and told me that the case was getting difficult and that she would need more money to continue the case! This was it. Thats when I called customer service and requested a refund from these people. Horrible company, I could have done this myself on the IRS website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2011 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Group-Center/Calabasas-California-91302/Tax-Group-Center-Progressive-Tax-Group-ENDED-UP-PAYING-MORE-THAN-I-OWED-IN-TAX-FOR-SERVICE-717365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Group Center