Complaint Review: Tax Incorporated

• Reported By: Joseph — Washington District of Columbia USA
Tax Incorporated
1800 Century Park E #600 Internet United States of America

Tax Incorporated SCAM Los Angeles, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Ugh, seems like EVERY SINGLE ONE of these companies are scam artists

My family engaged Tax Incorporated for assistance filing several years worth of income tax returns.  First we paid $5,500.  They sent us forms, which we unfortunately did not fill out that year.  When I reached out to Tax Incorporated the next year, they insisted we pay another $1,500, which we did.  Sadly, again we did not fill out the forms.  I just contacted Tax Incorporated again.  The way the person I spoke to on the phone, Troy Argyle, conducted himself, I am sure this place is a scam.

He said they had closed the account, and that I was no longer a client, so he legally could not talk to me.  Come on, that sounds like BS.  Do you want to hear that kind of BS after you pay a company thousands of dollars?

Troy Argyle also said that they had sent numerous letters trying to contact us.  Not true.

He said he had contacted the IRS to make sure they did not put a lien on my family's assets.  I asked him to send me Tax Incorporated's correspondence with the IRS.  He refused, because that paper work "is in a box."  Does that sound like a response you would receive from a legitimate company?

Furthermore, he was basically yelling at me the entire time we spoke.  I asked him to lower the tone of his voice, and he refused, saying that is the way he talked and that the conversation was over.

I admit, my family should have done a better job getting the paperwork back to Tax Incorporated.  But the way I was just treated on the phone just now, that is not how a legitimate company treats their customers.  Please learn from my mistake and find yourself a more reputable company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2012 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Incorporated/internet/Tax-Incorporated-SCAM-Los-Angeles-Internet-832380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Incorporated

Ugh, seems like EVERY SINGLE ONE of these companies are scam artists

AUTHOR: tax_watch_blogger - (United States of America)

I plan on soon starting a blog covering such practices by these tax resolution companies.  I am especially interested in writing about how their actual contracts often don't match what they promise on the phone.

Would you be willing to send me a copy of the service's agreement (contract) they sent you?  I would obviously ask that if there is any personal information on the contract that it not be included.

My email address is taxwatchblogger and is a gmail account (I'd spell out the email address but formatting at ripoffreport doesn't allow "at" symbols.).