Complaint Review: Tax Lien Tutor

• Updated: Sun, May 20, 2012

• Reported By: OnNoYouDidnot — Carmichael California United States of America
Tax Lien Tutor
SKW Central 125 E. Main Street, Suite 311 Internet United States of America

SKW Central REVIEW: SKW Central and Tax Lien Tutor commitment to customer satisfaction, SKW Central implemented strategic changes to insure clients' success, focusing on helping clients find success in tax lien investments. American Fork Utah
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a Ripoff Report Verified business service SKW Central recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. SKW Central recognized by Ripoff Report as a Verified business service.

*Consumer Comment: Apology Accepted .... Thanks, Sean

*Consumer Comment: Tax Lien Tutor .... Sean Keegan Walker

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

Ripoff Report REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive review has been given to SKW Central & Tax Lien Tutor for its commitment to outstanding customer service.

SKW Central has a firm belief in complete customer satisfaction and success. SKW Central clients can expect the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints. SKW Central tells Ripoff Report that they are available to their customers and listens carefully to their concerns. SKW Central welcomes open feedback, as this gives them an opportunity to see where improvements can be made. SKW Central genuinely cares about their client's experience with the company.

SKW Centrals founder, Mr. Sean Walker, has spoken with Ripoff Report regarding his view of the customer as the Greatest Asset. He recognizes that without the customer, there is no business. Mr. Walker conducts his business with the hopes that the customer will return again and again to invest in tax liens.

Another top executive of the company told us that Mr. Walker is fully invested in the company and genuinely cares about the customers. He recently told their staff "I want each of our customers to find success in tax lien investing. If there is anyone not finding success, then we're not doing our jobs." SKW Central's modo is: "The customer is the greatest asset." All the decisions in the company are based on this idea. Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: SKW Central (and Mr. Walker) truly cares about the customer. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us, and the investments presented. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."
The operations manager at SKW Central stated "I love working for a company whose goals are to make the customer happy and to help them be successful. It's a great feeling being a part of this.

SKW Central takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this: "SKW Central provides a great environment to work in. Opportunities for suggestions and improvements are encouraged. Sean is truly concerned about our contribution to the company and providing growth opportunities for us. He takes the time to listen and communicate with employees and customers." Rip-off Report was pleased to learn that SKW Centrals past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

SKW Central recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation SKW Central has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to an excellent customer experience.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Programthey agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every person who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the former employees complaint was resolved, Ripoff Report always monitors these emails to insure the company does what they promised and make sure they keep promises they made for this program in the future.

.. Any customer needing special assistance from the company, please email them at help@skwcentral.com and be sure to copy us here at Ripoff Report.. editor@ripoffreport.com ..

=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

Tax Lien Tutor, SKW Central Scam.  Incomplete Program... Missing Essential Pieces to Be Successful.  Sham. Internet

I attended a seminar like everyone else who's purchased this program.  I've been investing in real estate off and on have a friend who's done well with tax liens and thought I too would take my shot at it. My gut on the other hand told me not to move forward with the Tax Lien Tutor.  Mainly because it sounded too good to be true.

Sure enough it was.  For $1,500 you get a few CD's that can be consumed in a few short hours but don't even begin to give you the needed tools to start your search to be successful.  The biggest flaw was that they tell you to do your own due diligence and research a property thoroughly before moving forward.

Most of the tax lien information was for parcel numbers or legal descriptions.  How do you find a properties address so you can properly do your research with only legal descriptions.  So I called in to their office only to be told that I had to call the county assessor to get that information and that they assessor's office would gladly give me that information.

I then asked... What if I don't know what kind of property it is from the legal description or if I had more than one property that I wanted to do my research on.  How does one go about finding which property they want to do research on to begin with.  I could very easily be on the phone all day long with the county assessor just getting one address after another.

It didn't seem like it was a very effective way to go about doing investing.  I was reassured from Tax Lien Tutor's customer service that it was the only to do it and it was easy. I simply decided right there that I didn't want to keep the product and since I was in my 3 day window for a full and complete refund that I would contact their office for refund.

On March 13, 2012 I spoke with Jarrett regarding a refund.  He gave me all the necessary information, including a return authorization code as well as shipping instructions.  He told me that we could expect the refund within 7-10 business days of their receiving the returned product in the mail.

Naturally, I sent it back with a delivery confirmation.  According to the delivery confirmation code, they received the product on March 16, 2012.  That meant that by March 30, I should have our refund in my bank account.  March 30 came and there was no refund. I called the company on March 30 and spoke with Kim.  She said that my name wasn't even on the "refund list."  As far as she could tell, I must have "slipped through the cracks."  Nice.

She said she would send my information to the billing department and ask them to expedite my refund since it had been the full 10 days since they received the product back in the mail.  She also asked if I would like a call from the billing department.  I answered "yes."  Guess what?  No one ever called me.

I called the company again on April 2 after there was still no refund in my account.  Again I spoke with Kim.  This time I was told that, according to them, it was only the 7th business day.  OK, trying to change the story on me to buy some more time.  For what?

Also, they picked up the package on March 19.  From March 19 to April 2 is 15 calendar days, and 11 business days.  Clearly their counting skills are lacking.  I was frustrated with the lack of answers and trust and told them that I would be writing a review on RipOffReport.com and file a complaint with the BBB.

I then received a direct call to my cell from their manager, Derek.  Derek was not any more helpful than Kim.  Derek even threatened to slow down the refund process even more.   He could not give specifics on how long it takes to process a claim, nor what the "processing" process consisted of.  As the conversation continued, it came about that our claim wasn't even processed yet.

First I was told that I wasn't on the refund list and that I had slipped through the cracks.  Now I was being told that my claim wasn't even processed but still within their window to not have processed it yet because it was only the 7th business day.

For a new and upcoming company, this is certainly not a way to win fans.  Not to mention the questionable way they go about soliciting for testimonials by offering a full refund of their student's tuition.  Last time I checked it was illegal to pay someone for their testimonial.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2012 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Lien-Tutor/internet/SKW-Central-REVIEW-SKW-Central-and-Tax-Lien-Tutor-commitment-to-customer-satisfaction-SK-862785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Lien Tutor

Apology Accepted .... Thanks, Sean

AUTHOR: ru4real - (USA)

Several days ago I shared a "rebuttal" on this site re: Tax Lien Tutor / Sean K. Walker. At the time I had good reason(s) to believe I was being treated unfairly. Since that time, I have been in contact with SKW Central to address my concerns. Their sales manager has gone above and beyond the call of duty to address my issues with the utmost professionalism. Now, I have been given the opportunity to work with their sales management team in order to meet my entrepreneurial prospects.

As a person who did not have a great experience entering into this process, I would highly recommend everyone give Sean K. Walker and his team a chance to make good on their promises! In case someone is wondering whether I am one of those PAID representatives to their site, I am NOT! All of my participation up to this point has been strictly of my own doing and NO persuasion on their part..

Again, if you have any concerns with their programs, staff or just need to speak with someone, please send an email or phone their office in order to have your needs addressed before you pursue another remedy.

Tax Lien Tutor .... Sean Keegan Walker

AUTHOR: ru4real - (USA)

I, too, understand your complaint against this company. As I have been waiting for my refund for a total of 15 "business days." Initially, I spoke with Kim who promised me I would receive a refund of $1,497.00 no later than 7 - 10 business days. Well, as you mentioned, maybe they attended a different school where addition wasn't taught !

Today, I spoke with the manager (Derek), who miscommunicated several times re: my refund. He stated the check was never processed, then he stated he was processed but could not explain where in the process it was. As in your case, he stated he would send an email to billing and request they expedite my refund. But, I thought I would have had the check by now (it's been 15 business days) .... No, because no one processed my refund (according to Derek). As mentioned in my phone call to Kim, it should have been in my mailbox (remember, 7 - 10 business days).

How does a business like this stay in business? I plan to contact the BBB and AG office of Utah to file an official complaint. In addition, I plan to post a You Tube video of my experience with Tax Lien Tutor (Sean Keegan Walker) and the experience I had attending their seminar in my local city.

Company Response

AUTHOR: Tax Lien Tutor - (United States of America)

Hi. My name is Steve. I work with the Customer Service Department of Tax Lien Tutor. I am genuinely interested in the success and happiness of our students. I regularly surf the web looking for positive experiences and any feedback or suggestions our students my have. I'm was very surprised to have come across this particular complaint.

We typically have very happy customers. In just the past couple months, our students have invested at least $450k in tax liens, with an average interest rate of 14%. And because of our relationship with the secondary market, we've been able to acquire many of these tax liens at a discounted rate (avg 15% discount), which we then passed to our students. This is an opportunity we've yet to see anyone else afford their customers. We have two ideals we base all of our decisions on: 1) The customer is the greatest asset, and 2) do everything we can to ensure every student becomes a successful real estate investor.

As a company, we work tirelessly to keep everyone happy and are very proud of our satisfaction ratings. We've been in business for a while now and complaints like this are extremely rare.

Unfortunately, this customer was not taken care like he should have been. It's embarrassing and there's really no good excuse for how we've handled this situation. We have refunded this customer and have learned from our mistakes. New processes are in place to make sure this "slipping through the cracks" never happens to another customer.

We provide a reimbursement of tuition to those who put the training to work and invest in tax liens. We enjoy hearing about those who are making money using our program - we love to read these as a company and love sharing them with potential and current customers. We're not "paying" for testimonials as THIS customer has stated in his complaint.

If you have any problems, concerns, feedback, or success stories, I'd love to hear from you. Please contact me directly by calling 888-563-3965 or email steve@taxlientutor.com.