Complaint Review: Tax Lien University

• Updated: Fri, December 20, 2013

• Reported By: skidmo — Santa Rosa California
Tax Lien University
9543 South 700 East, Sandy, Utah USA

Tax Lien University, Steven E. Waters, Eric Slawson P.O. Box 1450 Orem, Utah. 840596121 Highland Dr, Holladay, UT 84121-2 It's a Rip OFF! Sandy Utah

*Author of original report: Update on my complaint

I ordered the Tax Lien University publication 'Creating Wealth Without Risk' by Steven E. Waters. A week later, I received a call from Eric Slawson with this outfit. He pursuaded me to 'enroll' in their mentorship program for a tuition fee of $4850.00. He assured me that I would be mentored by a "millionaire' with vast experience and resources to catapult me into this business. He said that I would be making up to $5000.00/mo by participating.

I wired the money and electronically signed a contract on 11/13/13 with World Net Services. A representitive informed me that I had 72 hours to reqest a refund. After that period, no refunds would be made. On 11/15/13, I requested a full refund. I emailed the company, followed up with a written reqeust sent by certified mail. I also called Mr. Slawson but had to leave him a message via voicemail. Eric called me urging me to continue with the program.

I refused, insisting on a refund. He said that I would be sent out by Friday, 11/22/13. He also took the time to mention he would be out of the office for a few weeks. Mr. Slawson called me the second week in December. When I told I hadn't received a refund, he said he would 'look into it' and hung up. That was the last communication I have received. I did take the time to filed a complaint with the Federal trade Comission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2013 02:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Lien-University/Sandy-Utah-84070/Tax-Lien-University-Steven-E-Waters-Eric-Slawson-PO-Box-1450-Orem-Utah-840596121-H-1108491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Lien University

Update on my complaint

AUTHOR: skidmo - ()

I spoke on the phone with a representive of the firm, a Mr. Snowden, on or about 12/28/2013. I was assured that I would received a refund on or about 01/10/2014 ('after the holidays').

This was contingent on retracting/rebutting my complaint on Ripoff Report. I agreed to those terms. It's now 01/15/2014 and I haven't received a refund.