Complaint Review: Tax Masters

• Reported By: david — va. beach Virginia United States of America
Tax Masters
900 Town and Country Ln. Houston, Texas United States of America

Tax Masters unethical, fraudulent Houston, Texas

I am in a bankruptcy and have been so since 2008. I had a federal tax bill which was not in the original bankruptcy. I called Tax Masters to see if they could help, informing them on my first call I was in a bankruptcy and would be so for another two and a half years.

Tax Masters understood the situation and stated they could help, but they needed $6500.00 up front to start my case. It was paid over four months. After the final payment was made they called me and stated they found a bankruptcy in my background to which I responded I told you that on my first phone call.

Tax Masters then said they could not start my case until after the bankruptcy was complete. I told them I wished they had said this before I signed their contract because I could not afford to have that much money tied up for so long after all I was in a bankrutcy.

I then informed Tax Masters I wanted my money back. They then said I was not eligble for a refund since I had signed a contract. Since then they will not talk with me on the phone. I have since talked with the Attorney Generals Office of Virginia and had their representative talk with Tax Masters and he has gotten the run a round.

I have also filed complaints with the FTC, the Better Business Bureau of Houston Texas, Fox News (its where I first saw Tax Masters ad) and the State Attorney Generals office of Texas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2010 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Masters/Houston-Texas-77024/Tax-Masters-unethical-fraudulent-Houston-Texas-669303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Masters