• Report: #1012096

Complaint Review: Tax Nation

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Tax Nation
1400 Moreland Ave. Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Tax Nation FRAUD AND RIP OFF Atlanta, Georgia

My sister and I recently filed our taxes with them, at first the staff were very nice and friendly. The lady did not tell me how much it would be to file my taxes until AFTER she said she was completely done and everything was in the system. When I asked again how much it would be she replied, to file my taxes (single; no dependents) costed me $712 and for my sister, who also filed single with no dependents, $732. I HAVE NEVER PAID THAT MUCH IN MY LIFE!!!!!! She told me that our taxes would not be filed until the 02/14 because we filed with school credit and we didn't have our social sercurity cards for her to make a copy. So from our understanding, we had until 02/14 to either proceed with them or not.
When I went back into the location the next day to get my w2 forms and all of our information back, the staff was so rude and very unprofessional. I was trying to ask the lady who had done our taxes questions and she kept interrupting me by talking on her phone and completely ignoring me. When I ask for everything back, she claimed that she had already filed our taxes and that they were with the IRS now. She pretended to look for my documents but never retrieved them, I asked for headquarters or corporate phone number and she told me she was her own boss and there's nothing she can do. A so call manager intervened our conversation and the first thing out of his mouth was "i could have taken all of your information and took all of your money." I waited  in there over 30 minutes, being ignored, trying to get a number to call or get my things back. NO SUCCESS!
They are filing taxes with fake dependents, very unprofessional, and I WOULD NOT advise anyone to do business with them!!!! Still working on getting my things back!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Nation/Atlanta-Georgia-30316/Tax-Nation-FRAUD-AND-RIP-OFF-Atlanta-Georgia-1012096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Nation