Complaint Review: Tax Ready

• Submitted: Sun, April 14, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, April 16, 2002

• Reported By:Eldersburg MD
Tax Ready
4310 South Cameron St. Suite 11 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Tax Ready, Daily National Audit Defense Tax Return or Consumer Ripoff Las Vegas

*Consumer Suggestion: state investigation

In march of this year some friends told my wife and I about a company that they had heard about on a radio station here in Baltimore that prepared tax returns with fantastic results.After hearing about the claims of getting more money back on your return, helping to establish you in a business in order to take advantage of deductions and even reviewing past years returns, I decided to call them.

The coach, as she called herself gave a brief description of their services and a price of $995 for the cost and ask if if I wanted to get started with payment by credit card.I declined and told her that I would call back after discussing this with my wife.

My wife informed me that our friends had paid $595 and were allowed to pay in increments.We decided to move forward and called the coach back asking her about the payment plan our friends had used.She said that we could pay in two payments with post dated electronic checks and that we would recieve a workbook in which to record all of the necessary tax information.

The following day my wife recieved a frantic call from our friend recounting that it had been several weeks since their first payment and that despite numerous telephone calls had recieved no response.

I immediately called tax ready and left a message with the lady that I had spoken with telling her that we had changed our minds.After several days of not hearing a word I attempted on several ocassions to leave a message in the same voice mail box but got the same results as our friends that the mail box is full.

I place stop payment orders with our bank and thought that I was safe only to discover that the company had used a different name and that the bank had released the funds to them.

In addition to using a different name they also waited long past the two periods that the funds would have come out march 1 and15.
I hope that this report will discourage others from being sbjected to this rip-off.

I certainly believe in free enterprise but not fraudulent schemes taking the hard earned money of our citizens.

Steven
Eldersburg, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2002 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Ready/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Tax-Ready-Daily-National-Audit-Defense-Tax-Return-or-Consumer-Ripoff-Las-Vegas-18817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Ready

#1 Consumer Suggestion

state investigation

AUTHOR: anti - ()

Consumers who wish to file complaints regarding their transactions with National Audit Defense Network or Tax Ready may contact the Attorney Generals Bureau of Consumer Protection in Las Vegas at (702) 486-3132; or in Carson City at (775) 687-6300. Additional consumer protection and contact information may be found on the Attorney Generals website at http://ag.state.nv.us.