Complaint Review: Tax Relief Agency of America

• Updated: Fri, October 01, 2010

• Reported By: Marcia — Matthews North Carolina United States of America
Tax Relief Agency of America
31735 Riverside Drive Suite C-349 Internet United States of America

Tax Relief Agency of America - Drexel tax relief swindlers, tax relief fraud Internet

My husband and I signed a contract with TRAA in April, 2009 and paid $3200 for them to help us settle back taxes with the IRS. We were told that within a few weeks the garnishment on wages would stop and that an acceptable settlement would be reached within a few months.

In November 2009, we spoke with an IRS agent that told us a settlement was being discussed; however, my wages were still being garnished. On February 8,2010, we were informed by Richard Appelhans (the tax resolution lawyer hired by David Crowe to handle our case) that he was terminating his business relationship with TRAA due to lack of payment.

Mr. Crowe called us personally to assure us that it would be taken care of and the he would do our 2009 taxes for free to make up for our trouble. Our case was reassigned to another tax attorney, JR Coleman.

After many emails with Mr. Coleman and many unreturned phone calls from Mr. Crowe, we notified on September 20, 2010 that J.R. Coleman was in a billing dispute with TRAA and David Crowe. On October 1, 2010, we were notified that Mr. Coleman was severing his ties to TRAA and dropping all TRAA clients.

So seventeen months have passed since we were promised closure and paid our money to Mr. Crowe. Money, which I might add, that was hard to come by since my husband lost his job over two years ago and I am a teacher. We have received no closure, no tax returns have been filed, my wages are still being garnished and no settlement has been reached.

We are starting over again and with another agency and borrowing money to pay someone else to do the job that David Crowe promised us would be finished over a year ago.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2010 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Relief-Agency-of-America/internet/Tax-Relief-Agency-of-America-Drexel-tax-relief-swindlers-tax-relief-fraud-Internet-646645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Relief Agency of America