Complaint Review: Tax Sale Lists

• Submitted: Fri, April 27, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 02, 2012

• Reported By: Jackelope — Springfield Ohio United States of America
Tax Sale Lists

Tax Sale Lists John Lane's Tax Sale Lists I am tired of being ripped off by this company, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Suing for Wasting your Time

*Consumer Comment: Consider a lawsuit

*Author of original report: Change of Address

I was first introduced to John Lane's Tax Sale Lists by an email.  I listened to his presentation for 3 weeks in a row before deciding to sign up and spend the money ($1,497.00) for his program, as I was convinced he was legitimate.  I guess I should have looked at Ripoff Reports first, and will before ever signing up for another home based program.  After purchasing the program, I was unable to get any further information from the 15 hour "workshop" that cost another $1495.00, except to purchase his "lists", which according to his video's where he interviewed supposedly successful users of his business, was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Then he sold me on the idea of his "Fast Cash" program, where "Jason" was so successful within 45 days, that no one could not believe he was being truthful.  Another costly mistake on my part, as I worked 30-40 hours a week for several weeks doing the exact same thing that "Jason" did, with absolutely no success.  The state he worked was Georgia, and I worked the same state, only to find that the information he gave was completely incorrect.

I have tried several times to get Mr. Lane to call me and explain some things to me, as I always give the person the benefit of the doubt, but he has evidently built a defensive wall around himself through "Cody", Mary and Lindsey, his daughter, and I cannot get to him in any way, not even an email directly to him.

I am not a habitual complainer, but this outfit has gotten to me.  It is a complete RIPOFF and even though I have invested well over $3,000.00 with him, I am hanging it up and this is the only way that I can think of to cause him a problem.  He and his employees will undoubtedly laugh at this complaint, but in the end, I believe they will be the ones laughed at by the courts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Sale-Lists/internet/Tax-Sale-Lists-John-Lanes-Tax-Sale-Lists-I-am-tired-of-being-ripped-off-by-this-company-874784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Sale Lists

Suing for Wasting your Time

AUTHOR: Tired of Scammers - (USA)

Most states incorporate a legal framework known as the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) into their state law. (one exception is Louisianna which is under a Napoleaonic form of law) The UCC says that when someone is not a regular dealer (merchant) in goods of a certain type, that this dealer is liable only for the cost of the goods, which is known as 'the implied warranty of merchantability.' However, if the seller is a regular seller of said goods (i.e. s\he sells one or two a month), he she is liable for other damages that directly arise out of the goods not being fit for their intended purpose (consequential damages). When someone sells you bad information in a UCC state, that person is responsible for reasonably foreseable damages arising out of said conduct, like wasted time.

Consider a lawsuit

AUTHOR: Tired of Scammers - (USA)

You should consider suing this organization. If they gave you information that was dated, and you wasted your time trying to act on it, you deserve to be compensated for your wasted time as well as the money you paid them.

Change of Address

AUTHOR: Douglas J. Kieffer - (United States of America)

While writing my report yesterday, I had a call from a friend in Springfield, Ohio.  Inadvertenly, I then typed in my address as Springfield, Ohio.  My address is actually Gallatin, TN.  Sorry for the mistake.