Complaint Review: Tax Services

• Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: wbradleyjr — san diego California United States of America
Tax Services
8275 S Eastern Avenue Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Tax Services My 2009 and 2010 tax returns were lost due to computer crash. Because I had not printed a hard copy before, I had to order a new copy. IRS provides tax return transcript free but it takes 5 - 10 days, Las Vegas, Nevada

my 2009 and 2010 tax returns were lost due to computer crash. because i had not printed a hard copy before,i had to order a new copy. irs provides tax return transcript free but it takes 5 - 10 days, due to time constraint, i have decided to try to order it online and from other agencies.

i messed upt and found proofoftax.com. the website is suspicious, because it does not tell you how much they will charge for the service. my other concern is in order to order the previous years' tax returns or other tax documents , 1099, etc. we have to provide ssn , full name and address, credit card #, billing information, and address, credit card #, billing information, everything..., they even asked you provide agi $ for any year you wish to provide. but i had not choice...i almost needed it immediately, because tomorrow 10/04/12 is the deadline to meet irs rep

according to the website's advertisement, it takes 8-27 minutes to download the returns.however, after i submitted all information and completed my order, and even i received electronic receipt of 39.98 from tax services . but i just don't see 2009 and 2010 returns.

i tried to contact customer service, the website kept sending pop up screen saying my log in id and password was not valid.iI was in the website, i was never logged out, how could my log in id and password were not valid? so there is no way to contact customer service after a few try, i decided to log in again, there is no screen you could track your order.

i tried to use "forget my id or password" function hoping by providing my id or email address i could be given a right password and get to my order, but after i click "forgot my id or password" link, it directed me a page where the font or the page is white instead of black, you don't even know where to enter what, all you can vaguely see the "continue" button.

i am very disappointed! no other words...just wanted people to know "be careful with this company".i just hope people have better luck than i do. i call the tax services while in the office with irs rep 702 609 7445 ,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Services/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89123/Tax-Services-My-2009-and-2010-tax-returns-were-lost-due-to-computer-crash-Because-I-had-951207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Services