Complaint Review: Tax masters

• Updated: Sat, April 07, 2012

• Reported By: Billy — Myrtle beach South Carolina United States of America
Tax masters
900 Town and Country ln. Suite 400 Internet United States of America

Tax masters Took my money and extended my tax problems, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Please

*Consumer Comment: Big Judgment Against Taxmasters

*Author of original report: To coninue

I am currently living week to week making $10 an hour. Like so many I also had to start over and this is where I'm at in life....about 10 or 11 yrs ago I had the brilliant idea to not file taxes, that the IRS wouldn't care about little ol me. Uh uh stupid I know now. The IRS recently started garnishing my wages and seem to think that all I and my family need to live on is $305 a week. So I had seen so many tax masters commercials on tv and finally gave them a call. They contacted me the next day, went over everything, and told me it would be $5050.00 to fix the situation, being to file my 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11 taxes.

And to have the garnishment removed,and to act as negotiator with the IRS. They would then give me the option of paying the IRS or I could pay them which would be cheaper because they apply the payment to the principle rather than the interest. I was kind of surprised I wasn't expecting it to be so much, and asked if they would be working while I paid or did it have to be paid fist. The rep assured me that they would start the case while I paid and the garnishment would be off within 3 to 4 weeks. $500 to start the process, an additional $776 within 10 days and then $1000 a month for 4 months starting 3/15/12 which there was no way I could do.

So that next week I paid an additional $2500 making my deposit to get everything goading $3000 . A whole lot of money for me. Ian the Mean time I told my company that my tax issues were being taken care of that the garnishment would be lifted soon, so they started giving some of the work to meagain, since I had been put on the back burner while the other guys that would actually benefit from the extra work were getting it. After about 4 weeks of not hearing from anyone I a called and the man I reached was I could tell trying to get rid of me, every time I sked a question I was put on hold at the end of it I was repeatedly told that they had everything they needed and would be in touch soon.

I demanded to speak to someone and was given to another lady who tried to shoo me away, finally admitting that my case hadn't even been processed. She also said they would need to have a power of attorney and a copy of my garnishment order since it wasn't in my file, but that she would put my casetheoughwith a rush order. She said she would be in touch with me in the next day or few. 3 or 4 weeks later I called them again after having called and leaving messages and no response. The same guy answered and told me they had supposedly had a consultation with the IRS but couldn't do anything but repeat what was on the paperwork that I had sent them with the power of attorney.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2012 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-masters/internet/Tax-masters-Took-my-money-and-extended-my-tax-problems-Internet-860470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax masters

Please

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Seek the advice from a professional Tax Attorney or CPA about your situation.  Always file your taxes regardless.  These losers are nothing more than scammers and used your money to fund their CEOs life style.  Good luck to you.

Big Judgment Against Taxmasters

AUTHOR: Natxlaw - (U.S.A.)

To coninue

AUTHOR: Billy - (United States of America)

To finish, when I last spoke I said I would either like to see proof that they had been working on my case or I would like my money back. As of right now I have no confidence in this company anymore, they haven't honored one single thing they promised. I can't afford to pay for something I already seeing I won't get. So I am refusing to pay any more $$ until I see proof that they did work. I want proof that they did it prior to me asking for a refund not after. I thought this was finally coming to a close looks like its going to be a long journey.