Complaint Review: TaxSlayer.com

• Submitted: Sat, March 22, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: S Powers — Naples Florida
, Select State/Province USA

TaxSlayer.com TaxSlayer provides a broken software, admits it, but refuses to refund money. Internet

I've used TaxSlayer for two years now to do my taxes. This year, I filed my federal taxes without problem, but they decided to charge for the state tax filing. I decided to go ahead and pay them to submit it because the software worked just fine for the federal and had worked fine the previous year.

Upon filing my state, a day later it was rejected. The reasoning behind the rejection was that some of the rows were not added up correctly. I double-checked my information, made sure all of the information was correct, and even tried another software to see if it added up the same. It did.

I submitted my state return again, but a day later it was rejected again.

At this point, I decided to contact them and find out why it wasn't working. The representative that emailed me back said that it was a coding bug and they decided to go ahead and send it off to their developer, but no timeline was given to me on when the issue was going to be fixed. After waiting for them to respond to fix the issue, I decided to go ahead and use the other software and get a refund on the software since it doesn't work.

They have decided, despite the fact that the issue was clearly theirs, that they didn't want to refund my money. They don't refund money because of their own mistakes. If the software doesn't work, you're just out the money.

As a result, I would HIGHLY suggest you do not use their tax preparation software.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TaxSlayercom/Select-StateProvince/TaxSlayercom-TaxSlayer-provides-a-broken-software-admits-it-but-refuses-to-refund-mone-1132679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TaxSlayer.com