Complaint Review: Taxbrain, Metabank, Tax Brain

• Updated: Thu, February 04, 2010

• Reported By: lynn — burgettstown Pennsylvania United States of America
Taxbrain, Metabank, Tax Brain

Taxbrain, Metabank, Tax Brain tax refund scam Internet

I filed my taxes with taxbrain on 1/15/10.  They emailed me that it was approved by the IRS and I would receive my refund on 1/29/10 by direct deposit.  Some genius at taxbrain incorrectly coded the routing numbers and my refund went to Republic bank.  After numerous emails and frustrating telephone calls, I heard from someone in customer service telling me that they were "generously" refunding my fees and offering me free tax services for next year.  Like I would ever use them again.  I asked what they were going to do about refunding my overdraft charges and all of the expenses I have incurred because of their "mistake".  They told me that they were sorry.  I am livid.  This company should be made to pay for all of the inconviences they have cost not just me, but the thousands of others who actually thought they were a reputable company.  I have called management at Taxbrain, who will not return either calls or emails.  This is FRAUD.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taxbrain-Metabank-Tax-Brain/internet/Taxbrain-Metabank-Tax-Brain-tax-refund-scam-Internet-564452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taxbrain, Metabank, Tax Brain