Complaint Review: Taxi Music Service

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 19, 2010

• Reported By:Casar North Carolina
Taxi Music Service
taxi.com Calabasas, California U.S.A.

Taxi Music Service Failed to honor one year guarantee to refund 300.00 membership fee Calabasas California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We Agree with Smytor

*Author of original report: Update on Taxi complaint

First year members of Taxi and those thinking of joining need to be aware that if they choose to give up their membership and request a refund of the 300.00 fee before the year is out, they need to find and read the money back guarantee very carefully. The text is very misleading and deceptive, and gives one the idea that if the membership doesn't work for you, then you get a refund. For example, the first sentence says 'We're so confident you'll love belonging to Taxi, we'll shoulder all the risk.' Don't count on it. The part you should read very carefully is 'We give you a full year to make sure you're happy with our listings, feedback and customer service.' The operative word is AND.

What they are saying is that if you want a refund you have to write to them and give your unassailable reasons why you are not happy with all three items; listings, feedback and customer service. Being unhappy with one or two won't do. Once you've written to them, there's no further dialog. That's the end of it so far as they are concerned. They will not consider any further comments from you. So if you are unsure whether you can come up with acceptable reasons why you are unhappy with all three aspects of their service, don't join and expect to be able to get a refund.

It cost me 300.00 to learn this, so I wanted to pass it along and hopefully save others from losing their money. I might add that if this company is so deceitful as regards their refund policy, one might ask in what other ways will they take advantage.

Smytor
Casar, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taxi-Music-Service/Calabasas-California-91302/Taxi-Music-Service-Failed-to-honor-one-year-guarantee-to-refund-30000-membership-fee-Cala-426275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taxi Music Service

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We Agree with Smytor

AUTHOR: Decide for yourself - (U.S.A.)

It's unfortunate that Ripoff Report doesn't research complaints before posting them, and that they will not allow the party who originally posted the complaint to withdraw it after a resolution has been reached.

TAXI has usually had an "A" rating with the Better Business Bureau for the 18 years we've been in business. We find that people who post complaints about TAXI are ticked off that their music didn't make the grade and they blame us for that. In a moment of anger, they file a report, true or not, and it stays up on the Internet for eternity. The person reading the report has no idea what the complainants music sounded like ;-)

If you'd like to read what our current members think of TAXI, please click this link:

If you'd like to read our Guarantee, it's on the middle of this page:

thanks for reading this!

Update on Taxi complaint

AUTHOR: Smytor - (U.S.A.)

Taxi has done the right thing for me.  My issue with Taxi has been amicably resoved, and if I could remove my post, I would.

Taxi states that their refund rate is over 90% and that I misinterpreted their guarantee, which I may very well have.

I tried to delete my negative post about Taxi, but ripoff report refused to delete it due to their website's rules against deleting any posts.