Complaint Review: Taylor Bedding Company

• Updated: Wed, June 22, 2011

• Reported By: kay — austin Texas United States of America
Taylor Bedding Company
w. 2nd st Taylor, Texas United States of America

Taylor Bedding Company Received defective cheap mattress, not the expensive floor model which we paid $2000 Taylor, Texas

We paid $2,000 for a mattress which we tried out on display at the Mattress Guyzz in Austin TX, however the company in Taylor, TX sent us a cheap low-quality mattress instead, which is not much better in my opinion than an air mattress. It's not the firm mattress we paid for but something that feels soft and sinks like quicksand.  It was the Viscotex memory foam mattress.
 I don't know if Mattress Guyzz is aware of the scam or not, but I am certain that this was not an honest mistake by the mattress company, if so they run a very bad business.

The salesman from Mattress Guyzz, Frank, came over and inspected the mattress when we complained, and he agreed this was not the same quality as the floor model in his store, although it was sold as the same. He agreed to refund our money and pick up the mattress this afternoon. If this doesn't go through as promised I will be writing a complaint against Mattress Guyzz as well. He did say I'd have to pay for the delivery truck to pick up the defective mattress ($50) which I don't think is fair.
It looks like, from other complaints that are filed against Taylor Bedding Co., that they are running a scam. I think Mattress Guyzz is making a good profit from this scam also, and therefore wouldn't be surprised if they are aware of the scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2011 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taylor-Bedding-Company/Taylor-Texas-/Taylor-Bedding-Company-Received-defective-cheap-mattress-not-the-expensive-floor-model-w-743935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taylor Bedding Company