Complaint Review: Taylors Ice Cream

Taylors Ice Cream
146 Harding Way Galion, Ohio United States of America

Taylors Ice Cream Employee uses BARE HANDS to scoop ice cream! Galion, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Probably cleaner

*Consumer Comment: possibly a health code violation

I took my family to get ice cream one evening and since a flood had wiped out our favorite place, we decided to try Taylor's. My daughter ordered a twist soft serve in a cup, my husband and I got flurries. The ice cream in a dish was good, not exactly a lot of ice cream for being a medium size and the price we paid. The girl went to make our flurries next (I just love the M&M ones!) She poured the soft serve vanilla in the cup, sprinkled M&Ms then finished filling the cup with ice cream and put more toppings on top. Next she went to the blender (a machine with a long metal rod and something similar to a wisp at the end, to mix it all together). At most other places we've been, they place a metal ring around the top of the cup to avoid any spray when the ingredients are mixing; the girl did not do this. Instead, she cupped her bare hands around the top of my cup, then when she was done mixing, she used the sides of her thumbs to scrape the ice cream off of the metal rod and into my cup. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I was completely disgusted at this point. We walked out of there paying almost $10 for a medium cup of twist soft serve that was the size of a small and the price of a large. Not to mention, they charge an additional 50 cents for all credit/debit card transactions no matter how much or little you spend. I will never go back there. Thankfully, the ice cream shop that was flooded has been repaired and we now travel to the other side of town for good, clean ice cream.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2011 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taylors-Ice-Cream/Galion-Ohio-/Taylors-Ice-Cream-Employee-uses-BARE-HANDS-to-scoop-ice-cream-Galion-Ohio-723525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taylors Ice Cream

Probably cleaner

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Probably cleaner than the method baskin robbins uses.

possibly a health code violation

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

That certainly is unhealthy and possibly a health code violation but not a rip off. The surcharge on the credit/debit card transactions may be a violation of their merchant agreement but is not a rip off if the policy is clearly posted.