Complaint Review: Tea Francais

• Updated: Sat, August 15, 2009

• Reported By: Dawn — Cedaredge Colorado USA
Tea Francais
990 Grove St. Ste. 204 Evanston, Illinois United States of America

Tea Francais Seattle Coffee Direct, Metro Tea Direct ripoff artists! Will steal you blind. Cedaredge, Colorado

While on Facebook one night I signed up for a trial offer of tea samples from this company for $2.00.  On 7/28/2009 they charged me the anticipated $2.00.  Several days later, I recieved the package they had promised.  The tea was AWFUL and I planned to contact them to cancel the subscription/membership prior to what I had read to be a 30 day trial period.  On 8/3/2009 I was charged $38.95 TWICE.  On 8/7/2009 I was charged $38.95 again which caused my account to be overdrawn resulting in a NSF fee charged by my bank of $25.00.  I received two more packages of this awful tea on two consecutive days.  I had to wait till the next day after the second package arrived to call their customer service number and when I called and complained that I had been charged twice on the 3rd, once on the 7th, wished to cancel the subscription/membership, and expected a full refund of all fees.  Their customer service rep informed me that they had only charged me once, that there had been a declined charge on the 7th and that in order to prove to them that I had been charged twice on the 3rd, I would have to fax them a copy of my bank statement and then maybe they would refund the money from the second charge.  I can only assume that since my account had been charged twice on the 3rd and once on the 7th, that the "declined" charge would have been a second charge on the 7th also.  Thank God my bank declined the charge rather than paying it again.  I continued to protest the charges and refused to send them my bank statement as I felt that was extremely risky due to identity theft issues. Their rep proceeded to hang up on me.  I immediately contacted my bank, who has cancelled my card, and begun the process of disputing the charges.  While they were checking my account that day the bank noticed that I had yet ANOTHER charge from these people for another $38.95 that was posted onto my account on 8/12/2009.  These charges have been from 3 to 5 days apart and even if their agreement is to charge and ship product every 7-14 days, they have overcharged and not lived up to their own agreement. These people should be put out of business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2009 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tea-Francais/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Tea-Francais-Seattle-Coffee-Direct-Metro-Tea-Direct-ripoff-artists-Will-steal-you-blind-480375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tea Francais