Complaint Review: Team Toyota

• Submitted: Fri, August 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 03, 2008

• Reported By:lambertville New Jersey
Team Toyota
407 E Lincoln Highway Langhorne, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Team Toyota charged twice as much as quoted.. Langhorne Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: I believe the 'new' 100,000 mile antifreeze is pink, the older EG is green or yellow.

I went to team toyota for a coolant flush on my 2000 camry. I called before and was quoted a price of 52 something, plus tax. I even double-checked at the counter, and it was still 52 something. So when I went to pay upon completion, they told me that they had to charge me extra, since there was green antifreeze in the car, rather than the pink stuff toyota uses. I bought the car from another toyota dealer, and never changed it. So they told me that they had to flush it twice, and the bill came out to 115.00. So they doubled the price of the service, and didn't bother to consult me. If I knew it was gonna be that much, I would have done it myself. I didn't bother to argue since it was nearly 9 pm, and all of the managers are home already. needless to say I won't go back, and plan on calling them on monday, for whatever it's worth.

c j
lambertville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2008 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Team-Toyota/Langhorne-Pennsylvania-19047/Team-Toyota-charged-twice-as-much-as-quoted-Langhorne-Pennsylvania-358348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Team Toyota

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

And maybe you actually had crud in your cooling system. A 2000 Camry is now a NINE year old car. And green EG will turn oily & crud the cooling system after maybe 2 or 3 years. It will also become acidic!

Doing your own maintanence, if you know what you are doing, is usually best. Most routine maintanence like oil changes & coolant changes are not that hard. Messy maybe, but not hard.