ethics

• Updated: Fri, March 04, 2011

• Reported By: Debbie — Vancouver Washington United States of America
Team USA #009
24307 Magic Mountain Parkway #233 Valencia, California United States of America

Team USA #009 United Subscription Agency Paid $46 for a magazine subscription that never arrived. No response from company. Valencia, California

On 10/03/2009, a young man came to the door and my husband answered.  He proceeded to tell my husband a big story about a fundraiser and was joking with my husband and acting like his best friend the entire time.

My husband ignorantly gave the guy $44 in CASH for a 1 year Motorhome magazine subscription.  My husband was pretty convinced it was legit but I had a bad feeling from the start and kept the receipt he was given.

Several months later going through piles of paperwork on my desk, I came across that receipt.  We hadn't yet received our magazine (surprise!) so I emailed the address on the receipt.  I can't remember now if it bounced or I just didn't get a response.  Then I called and left several voice mails on the 877 #.  Not surprisingly, I got voice mail every time I called, and every time I called I would be within their very short business hours.  I don't work during the day and am in same time zone so shouldn't have been a problem to reach these people right?  Pfft.

Lesson learned.  Husband does not answer door OR hand anyone cash (except me).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2011 02:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Team-USA-009/Valencia-California-91355/Team-USA-009-United-Subscription-Agency-Paid-46-for-a-magazine-subscription-that-never-a-702478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Team USA #009