Complaint Review: TeamViewer

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Robin — coconut creek Florida U.S.A.
TeamViewer
3001 N. Rocky Pt. Dr. E. Ste. 200 Tampa, FL 33607 Tampa, Florida United States of America

TeamViewer They use the keyworks Norton: Beware: Will try to Invade your Computer Tampa, Florida

I looked up Norton online in order to re-install, and I have to admit, I was not careful with the number. I called the first one that popped up, expecting it to be Norton (the link imitated Norton well) and when the person on the other end answered I told them my I needed to reinstall my Norton. He immediately tells me to go to Run and type in the address to their site. Initially I had a hard time understanding him, and then I realized he was telling me he was going to take over my computer.

I said no thanks, I just needed the necessary codes etc. He then told me to go to the Norton site. I said this isn't Norton? He said, Oh no, we are just a company that assists with software problems, blah, blah. Uh, huh. Ok. I have to wonder what would have happened had I let him into my computer. Pretty scary. All I can say is BEWARE!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TeamViewer/Tampa-Florida-/TeamViewer-They-use-the-keyworks-Norton-Beware-Will-try-to-Invade-your-Computer-Tampa-1006924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TeamViewer