Complaint Review: Teamlava, Storm8

• Updated: Sun, November 04, 2012

• Reported By: miakoda53 — Rossville Georgia United States of America
Teamlava, Storm8

Teamlava, Storm8 Developer of Slots Credit Card automaticly charged Internet

I am an avid player of Dragon Story, a free game offered by TeamLava a subsidiary of Storm8.

Recently I set up my card through the Google play store so I could make in-game purchases while playing Dragon Story.

A week ago TeamLava offered 30 gems as a reward for downloading and trying out a new game called Slots. If you reached level 6 in Slots another reward of 15 gems would be awarded.

This morning I was happily playing Slots. Just as I reached level 5, about 6000 play dollars landed in my account. I thought it was a bonus for reaching level 5 until I received a text message notification of a 58$ charge on my card by some entertainment company. I DID NOTHING TO CAUSE THIS CHARGE AND I CERTAINLY DID NOT AUTHORIZE IT.

I have a service set up where I am instantly notified of any charges on my card, so I caught this immediatly. When I called the number associated with the charge, a heavily accented voice informed me that due to high call volume I would need to call back. I sent an email to support@TeamLava.com but they will take days to get back to me. I will be filing a fraudulent charge claim with my card company, but it will take months for me to recover my 58$ that way.

Slots was produced and is owned by a company that is being advertised and promoted by TeamLava. They make money for doing this. I did not consent to having my card information given to this third party. I never signed up to make in-game purchases in Slots or with this third company.

TeamLava should be held as responsible as the owner of Slots is for the fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Teamlava-Storm8/internet/Teamlava-Storm8-Developer-of-Slots-Credit-Card-automaticly-charged-Internet-964480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Teamlava, Storm8