Complaint Review: Tech Supply King

• Reported By: Brent — Wisconsin
Tech Supply King
Internet USA

Tech Supply King Ikona Yumsoftwarecenter Bait and Switch Internet

I ordered Windows 7 Professional Upgrade retail (part number FQC00130).  The cost was $104.99.  While that would have been a really good price, it turned out that it was was too good to me true.

Instead of shipping me the genuine product, they sent me an email with a product key.  The confirmation email had a return address of no-reply@emailserversent.net.  The activation email had a return address of activation@emailserversent.com.  The instructions said to register at softwareCenterSupport.com to download the product.

At this point, they already had my money.  I wasn't about to risk infecting my computer, too.

I called Microsoft and asked them if the product key is legit.  (I figured that it wasn't (since legit software isn't sold this way), but I wanted to hear it from them)  Turns out that the product key is for Windows 7 Enterprise.  The only legitimate way to purchase Windows 7 Enterprise is through Microsoft's volume licensing program.  Volume license software is downloaded from Microsoft, not "smartsoftwaresupport."

Tried calling the company at 877-563-0091.  When you call that number all you get is a robo-voice recording.  Tried emailing their tech support at support@TechSupplyKing.com.  That email bounced.  Tried submitting an RMA request to their website.  No response.

Finally, I went to the bank and disputed the charge on my credit card.  It might take some time to get the charges reversed, but at least I won't die of old age waiting for these jokers to refund my money.

I wish I had found this site before wasting my time and money on this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2014 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tech-Supply-King/internet/Tech-Supply-King-Ikona-Yumsoftwarecenter-Bait-and-Switch-Internet-1139763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tech Supply King