• Report: #320740

Complaint Review: TechOnDigital.com

• Submitted: Mon, March 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 24, 2008

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
83 Avenue O, Brooklyn, NY 11204 New York, New York U.S.A.

TechOnDigital.com Scam Artists New York New York

I read an earlier report on this company and I have had a similar exeperience.

I ordered a Garmin Nuvi 5000 GPS navigation system from them. I received an email from them asking me to call them for verification.

When I called a, I finally got thru to a salesperson who just said 'Order#'.
I gave him the order number. He then said that although I had an American name I sounded foreign. He asked where I was from originally. I asked him if that was any of his business?

His response floored me. He siad YES. He proceeded to inform me that I had to answer anything he felt like asking me. I felt I had landed at Gitmo from a CIA rendition flight. Wow.

He then said my order was cancelled. Shortly thereafter I received an email telling me that my order was cancelled as the item was backordered for 6-8 weeks. I saw a similar story posted about this company on amazon.com.

Moral of the story, if the price seems to good to be true, it's probable a scam. The item in question is too new to have fallen in price so quickly. Also if a site asks you to call them, beware, as they will try to force you to buy things you don't want.

Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2008 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TechOnDigitalcom/New-York-New-York-11204/TechOnDigitalcom-Scam-Artists-New-York-New-York-320740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TechOnDigital.com