Complaint Review: Technical Services A/C

• Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: Nita — Fort Myers Florida USA
Technical Services A/C
1013 S.E. 12th Ct, Cape Coral, Florida United States of America

Technical Services A/C Mike Kirkland and Mr. Miller My A/C Unit was to have spring maintenance instead my unit was deliberately damaged and I was tolld I needed a New Unit. It cost me $6,540.00. Ripped off Cape Coral, Florida

*Author of original report: technical services/A/C ripoff

*Author of original report: Technical Services update on A/C rip-off

*Author of original report: I was pressured to buy a new A/C Unit

I unfortunately answered a mailed flyer offering spring A/C maintenance for new customers only for only $29.95.  Since I maintain my A/C every year I decided I could use a break on  the price. Wrong move. I  called Technical Services and they came the next day.  I expected techs instead Mike Kirkland and Miller came and I did't think anything of it thought it was normal. Ha!

Mike introduced himself and then walked to the back of the house and inspected my A/C Unit. Miller came in to the house with me and inspected my filter. It was on backwards and he showed how it should go. Not that I did't already know.  Miller then sat  at my table and took out some forms and then proceeded to chat with me.  It was mainly social conversation and knowing that I was a widow proceeded to tell me of his loss of his wife and how lonely it was for him.  That softened me up for what was to come from  these to men from  Technical Services.

Mike came in to my house a few minutes and asked me and Miller to come and see the A/C.  To my surprise it was frozen over.  Pipes and condenser.  And Mike said it would cost me $2,500.00 to replace the condenser and since my A/C unit was 8 yrs old Mike did not recommend it.  He asked Miller to check the warehouse to see if the one A/C unit was still available.  It Was.  We went back in to the house and began filling out the paper work for the financing arrangements with Wells Fargo.  Miller said to Miller I was OK.  He proceeded to fill the estimate of cost .

Mike said his diabetes was acting up so I offered him a protein bar.  That softened me up more so. He then showed me the bottom line.  $6,540.00.  I had no idea what this type of work cost an d besides I did't hnave a chance to check it out until after the fact.  So I signed the agreement.  The A/C was installed that same afternoon.  The next day I mentioned the cost to my friend and I was told that I had been ripped off.  I went on the net and found out that the very same A/C could be had for $2,239 with free shipping. The Frigidaire 3.50 ton 13 seer is  exactly the same as the one they installed.  Now I would like a refund  of what it should honestly cost Mike.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Technical-Services-AC/Cape-Coral-Florida-33990/Technical-Services-AC-Mike-Kirkland-and-Mr-Miller-My-AC-Unit-was-to-have-spring-mainten-884219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Technical Services A/C

technical services/A/C ripoff

Hello Mr Chiavano:

Have you realized what your salesmen, Kirkland and Miller, have done to a golden ager.  Well I will tell you once again.  They have taken away my sense of well being.  That's what they have done.  I hope that Kirkland and Miller realize what they and other unscrupulous salesmen have done to us seniors.  Just remember this old adage "what goes around comes around".  It may not happen to you but will sooner or later happen to a member of your own family.

Good luck in  your business Mr Chiavano.

Technical Services update on A/C rip-off

Mr Chiavano:

I was ripped-off big time.  I'm an 82 yr old widow who has been recovering from  serious carotid  surgery.  I didn't need Kirkland and Miller convincing me I needed a new A/C when  I knew I didn't. Now I must live a life of austerity.  Thanks Mr Chiavano.  I have been just to tired to do anything but accept what I was told and I just signed the papers that were quickly placed in front  of me.

I was pressured to buy a new A/C Unit

Mr Chaviano:

Why did you send me a flyer offering a $29.95 maintenance for new customers only and good only until May 21, 2012.  What I found out was I was the only one on my St. that received this offer. How come?  You also had my profile.  You knew how old I was and that I was widowed.  You also knew my credit score and that I was good to go.  All Kirkland had to do was convince me that I needed a new A/C Unit.  Since I'm 82 yrs old and recovering from  a difficult carotid surgery I was tired and didn't need much convincing.  I'll tell you Mr Chaviano you have two good aggressive salesmen.

At that point in time they could have sold me the Brooklyn Bridge.  My Goodman A/C Unit was serviced last Spring and the invoice said it was in  good condition regardless of the small amount of rust on  the top of the cage. My utilities has been $48.00 per month and I have the invoices to prove it.   I still say my A/C unit was working very well until Kirkland got a hold of it.

There was no frost on the pipes or on the condenser and the freon had been filled.

Thanks for making the rest of my life more unpleasant. You did a good job.