In a nut-shell:
- I called Technon on 5/22/08 to order a GPS unit at the lowest price I've seen on the web for a NIB Garmin.
- Tony at Techon confirmed the unit was NIB and not a "B" model but, stated that he could not take my order and it would be best for me to order on-line.
- I ordered the GPS on-line and thought that I had rcvd a confirmation email but, the email actually asked me to call Techon to confirm my order.
- Techon called me on 5/23/08, around 11 AM, and I endured the most horendous upsell I've ever encountered. Tony told me that the GPS unit would not work unless I bought a memory card at $99. I stated that his statement sounded incorrect and maybe it would be best if I did not purchase the unit. He wanted to cancel the order then, I asked if the unit was (again) new in the box, he replied yes. I said, send the unit. He said you cancelled the order, I said, I did not. He added that I had been recorded as saying I cancelled. I informed him that it is illegal to record the phone conversation without notifying me in advance of our discussion. Then, I pulled a tape recorder out of my desk, placed the call on speaker phone, recited the date and time, and informed him that he was being recorded. (I know, most folks would have just given up at this point but, it was principal at this juncture.) I asked Tony, if he was going to ship the GPS unit to me as ordered, he said yes. I confirmed the amount once again, and ended the call.
- 5/23/08, 6:35 PM, I received the folllowing email:
"We thank you for your order and appreciate you shopping with us .
Due to the product you ordered being out of stock for 6-8 weeks from today's date. We regret to inform you that the order is canceled due to the product being on backorder. when or if we get the product again in stock soon will send you an email to place an order please do not resubmit your order again . sorry again and thanks for your understanding."
- Save your time and buy elsewhere!
Manchester, New Hampshire