Complaint Review: Techon Digital, ,The Camera Wiz Inc., Aka 86th ST. Camera

• Updated: Thu, January 22, 2009

• Reported By:Ukiah California
Techon Digital, ,The Camera Wiz Inc., Aka 86th ST. Camera
techondigital.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Techon Digital, The Camera Wiz Inc., Aka 86th ST. Camera What I did to get my money back! Brooklyn New York

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

I purchased two cameras from Techon Digital aka The Camera Wiz Inc. for Christmas. They did not sell them to me at the advertised price. They said the advertised price was for a "grey market" version. I caved to their high pressure sales technique and ordered the worthless extra batteries.

When I recieved my order they had sent me the wrong model of camera. The model they did send me seemed to be in working order, but the box was not sealed by the manufacturer.

I imeadiately called and requested a refund. The "manager" I spoke with told me that under no circumstances would they give me a full refund. He also threatened me by saying if i disputed the charge with my credit card company he could come after me and ruin my credit. He stated he didn't care how much it cost him to ruin me.

After speaking to my Visa card representitive I sent the cameras back and disputed the charge. In ten days I had a credit on my card from The Camera Wiz Inc.

Lessons Learned

1. Check the background of who you order from. GOOGLE It!

2. They talk a hardball game, but if you call their bluff they'll cave.

3. I had good records of who I talked to and what they said, and also a strong case for full refund.

RJ
Ukiah, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techon-Digital-The-Camera-Wiz-Inc-Aka-86th-ST-Camera/nationwide/Techon-Digital-The-Camera-Wiz-Inc-Aka-86th-ST-Camera-What-I-did-to-get-my-money-back-414996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techon Digital, ,The Camera Wiz Inc., Aka 86th ST. Camera