Complaint Review: Techon Digital

• Submitted: Fri, June 06, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 06, 2008

• Reported By:Winfield Kansas
Techon Digital
83 AVE O Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Techon Digital Possible Consumer Scam Brooklyn New York

A popular search engine was used to find a particular camera. TECHNOdigital.com was listed. I purchased the camera, a battery and nylon case.

After recieving an email confirming my order, I also received five phone calls (before I got home) and three more emails requesting the same thing - "Please call james from our order confirmation department at ext: 201 to confirm your order at 800-958-0054".

Once I contacted the barely English speaking James, he tried to sell me a upgraded battery that I could 'have' for a reduced price. I declined. Since the item ordered is a gift with a shipping date deadline, I was upset that I had to contact the company to confirm my order.

The next day, I got uncomfortable with the process and the 'sales' call that I had to make before my order could be basically 'confirmed' again.

I checked the account charged for the items ordered. I found that I was charged twice for the balance. I called 877-425-9933 and spoke with Paul in billing who transferred me to Jeffrey who was suppose to be in Customer Service at ext 203. Jeffrey dropped the phone and when he finally answered, all he said was, "Hello". I found Jeffrey to be very rude, short and not helpful. He did say that a credit was issued but it would take 3 days for it to be reflected on said account.

I will be monitoring my account and after investigating this company (after my purchase), I will be surprised if I receive the items ordered.

S nash
Winfield, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2008 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techon-Digital/Brooklyn-New-York-11204/Techon-Digital-Possible-Consumer-Scam-Brooklyn-New-York-337670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techon Digital