Complaint Review: Techon Digital

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:Macon Georgia
Techon Digital
techondigital.com Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Techon Digital Rude Customer Service, tried to sell me upgrades then cancelled my order. Brooklyn New York

I just had the worst customer service experience ever. I ordered the Garmin Nuvi 260w online last night from Techon Digital. I put in the wrong shipping zip code. I called customer service to correct it. The guy tried selling me stuff. He asked me how I planned to use the unit without a media card. He said that it would be very difficult to use and it is not advised. He had an arrogant tone the entire time we spoke. I told him that I was not interested. He then said that my unit comes with the 2005 maps and that those would automatically be deleted if I didn't upgrade to the 2008 maps for $40. I said That can't be right. He got pissed off and said Are you calling me a liar?? We went back and forth and he said that he would cancel my order every time if it came in. He cancelled it without me even requesting it. He then said that if I was to try to reorder the my order would automatically be cancelled.

Rob
Macon, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techon-Digital/Brooklyn-New-York/Techon-Digital-Rude-Customer-Service-tried-to-sell-me-upgrades-then-cancelled-my-order-B-356385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techon Digital