Complaint Review: Techon Digital

• Updated: Mon, November 26, 2007

• Reported By:San Jose California
Techon Digital
Internet U.S.A.

Techon Digital Aka THE CAMERA WIZ INC 800-957-6628 NY ANother horror story about this "company" Brooklyn, NY Internet

*Consumer Comment: You can go to photonet and look up good & bad dealers- maybe you can also add your tale of woe....

Bought a camcorder from these guys. Got an e-mail to call them to confirm the order. I was foolish enough to do it. They pushed me into buying a DC power charger and another battery for an additional $230! They were very aggressive and rude.

The alarm bell went off when I saw a charge on my credit card from another company (THE CAMERA WIZ INC 800-957-6628 NY). At that point I googled the phone# and the site: lot of scam horror stories...

Well: they ripped me off. Blame on me because:
1. I did not check their reputation first
2. I did not paid attention to the fact that there is no physical address on their web site
3. I did not resist to the upsell pressure

In any case, I called them up to cancel the order and they told me that it had been already fulfilled. I asked for the tracking# and they told me that they would send via e-mail in the next 5 minutes. They didn't. I called them back: after 10 minutes and various "please wait" they gave me a UPS --- non existing --- tracking #.

I called my credit card company to stop the payment. Too late, unless I will not receive the merchandise.

I will update this when and if I will receive the product - supposed to be new and in its original/sealed manufacturing box.

Very good lesson learned. BEWARE of this scammers.

Gbt
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2007 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techon-Digital/internet/Techon-Digital-Aka-THE-CAMERA-WIZ-INC-800-957-6628-NY-ANother-horror-story-about-this-com-286866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techon Digital

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

If you get the camcorder you ordered, it will likely be a grey market item with a warranty that is good only if you happen to live in Dung-Poo, China, which is near UpperandOuter Slobovia......