• Report: #419096

• Reported By:Lilburn Georgia
Techon Digital
techondigital.com Internet U.S.A.

Techon Digital Bait and switch! New York New York

I ordered a digital camera (Olympus 1030 sw) at the advertised price of $199.00. I was sent an email to call William at extension 205, 1800 9580054 to confirm my order. The first question was did I want to purchase any accessories. When I informed "William" that I was not interested at this time he informed me that this was the Japanese version of the camera and that everything was in Japanese including all the imbedded text within the camera. In addition, the camera would have to besent to Japan for any repairs.

I asked him where this information was, it was not on the web site and was not on the confirmation. He said we will cancel the order, good by.

After reviewing the web site and my confirmation to see if the erroe was mine (it was not) I called back and he was rude and told me that it was written in the policy portion of their web site. I read it and it was never mentioned.

Techon Digital is a toatal scam. They lure you in with low camera prices and then try to sell you overpriced accessories.

Tom
Lilburn, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techon-Digital/internet/Techon-Digital-Bait-and-switch-New-York-New-York-419096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techon Digital