Complaint Review: Techon Digital

• Updated: Sat, July 19, 2008

• Reported By:charlotte North Carolina
Techon Digital
www.Techondigital.com Internet U.S.A.

Techon Digital Bait and switch... didn't purchase add ons so now out of stock, Internet

Like sooo many other people you will read about I was enticed to purchase what is described as NEW and INSTOCK Garmin 760 for what is really a price too good to be true. Yes I konw however I figured I was protected since I was using a credit card which gives me plenty of coverage for anything shady.

Shortly after I ordered I get an email stating they needed to confirm my order. I called soon after they opened the next day where I was told I didn't enter my security code correctly. I gave the info and then was offered many accessories and a warranty. I declined all. The salesperson was very nice and didn't make fales claims about the product operations without these accessorires like others have experienced.

5pm the same day I confirmed my order I receive an email stating the item was out of stock. Dissappointed I went onto thier website to see if the next model up was also on sale only to discover that the item is STILL showing available. Additionally it allowed me to once again place an order stating the item was instock. This time I paid attention to the order and very curious it shows that I entered the 3 digit security code in wrong once again. Really like that was going to happen. The software is obviously setup to change your info when you submit the order to cause a call back to sell you accessories and seem like the company is on the up and up. Scam...Scam...Scam.

I sent an email to the "customer service" contact info with a screen shot showing the Garmin was still in stock. I doubt I will get a response. Doing some research on another low price website I ran into Ripoffreport.com and I see how TechonDigital and 86th video ( the other low price website ) have pages of complaints. Where is the local authorities?? Where is the FBI?? This is unbelievable that those in power to protect us do nothing. We are not talking about 1 complaint here we are talking about a pathological pattern of deception and fraud.

Stay away from this company and do not waste your time. You WILL NOT get your order. Now if they decide to do the right thing and get me my order I will update this report to fairly reflect that however I doubt I will beat the odds.

charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2008 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techon-Digital/internet/Techon-Digital-Bait-and-switch-didnt-purchase-add-ons-so-now-out-of-stock-Internet-353179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techon Digital