Harbor

• Updated: Fri, June 06, 2008

• Reported By:White Lake Michigan
Techon Digital
http://www.techondigital.com/ Nationwide U.S.A.

Techon Digital - Www.techondigital.com Order Elsewhere backordered, lied, upsell, scam Internet

I tried ordering an Olympus Stylus 850 SW camera from them a week ago. I had a gift certificate to Newegg.com from Christmas so I wanted to get everything from there (it's also where I usually shop and where I will never turn away from after this ordeal. Newegg is great.) but I found the camera for about $50 cheaper from TechonDigital. I ordered an extra battery and memory card to use up the last of my gift certificate and placed the order for the camera.

Newegg, being the fantastic company that they are, processed my order as usual and mailed my stuff out. I got one item on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday (placed the order on Friday and did UPS ground shipping).

I got a call from James at Techon Digital on Friday to call and confirm my order. He also called the house phone (because I had it listed) AND emailed me on top of that. I got back in touch with him on Sunday to confirm my order. He offered me a battery which I explained I had already purchased elsewhere. Then he offered me a memory card which I also explained I had purchased already. He then told me that unfortunately the camera was going to be on back-order for 6 weeks. I highly highly doubt it was on backorder (and another rude place I tried to order the camera from for cheaper said the same thing) and I was told it was backordered because I wasn't buying their overpriced accessories from them.

Don't waste your time on what seems like a bargin. It's not worth it. Buy from Newegg or Amazon and get a good product without the hastle and you can also pick up some cheaper accessories.

Andrea
White Lake, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2008 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techon-Digital/nationwide/Techon-Digital-Wwwtechondigitalcom-Order-Elsewhere-backordered-lied-upsell-scam-Int-337686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techon Digital