Complaint Review: Techondigital - J And J Digital

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2008

• Reported By:Babylon New York
Techondigital - J And J Digital
83 Ave O Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Techondigital - J And J Digital Bait and switch, over pricing Brooklyn New York

Found sales@TECHONdigital.com on line. They offered the camera I wanted for a good price. Significantly below most others. I got a call from them the same day (New Years Day) sayiny they had to confirm the order but while I was on the phone they tried to hard sell me on memory cards, battery, warrenty. I said no but he was very persistant. He started the sale price of the battery at $130. After saying "no, thanks" half a dozen times to each new offer he offered it for $39 with a free cmaera case. It sounded like a good price so I agreed. I just searched and see it for $19 on line.

I should have known not to trust these guys from their approah. But with the case I'll call it a wash.

However, The site advertizes brand new equipment. My camera came in a plain white box, with the camera and other parts wrapped in thin plastic bags. It looks like a refurbished unit.

An other web site had the same camera (also refurbished) for the same price and I would not have had to pay tax. I paid tax to this company as they afre in my state.

More than unsatisfied. If it is a refurb I will be returning it.

Alan
Babylon, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2008 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techondigital-J-And-J-Digital/Brooklyn-New-York-11204/Techondigital-J-And-J-Digital-Bait-and-switch-over-pricing-Brooklyn-New-York-298996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techondigital - J And J Digital