Complaint Review: Techzilla

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: liedetector — new bern North Carolina
Internet USA

Techzilla Techzilla and the useless router Internet

I thought I was calling Time Warner cable because the site had the Time Warner logo. The agent also represented themselves as a time warner agent.

I had called them because I wanted cable internet in my area. After getting my information they assured me there would be no problems, and the modem was sent to me. Later I spoke to an actual Time Warner agent who informed me that cable internet was not available in my area, but I was still under the illusion that I had been dealing with Time Warner the entire time. After a few phone calls I arranged for Time Warner(TW) to get what I thought was their modem in exchange for my refund. I wait for a few weeks, and called back, and I was told basically to be patient it would be looked in to. No refund came.

Now I am about to break this down by steps.

1. Recently I someone finally really look into it, and they told me Techzilla was a 3rd party company and since TW did not sale me the modem they could not offer a refund.

2. I contacted Techzilla, and I was told that if I had the modem I could return it to get a refund.

3. I call TW back, and I was told I would get a refund, but then I found the case was denied. I called them back and got with another agent saying that I would need the MAC Address for the modem in order for it to be found.

For those of you who are less tech savvy many of more complex items such as modems that attach to a computer have a MAC Address.

4. I called Techzilla back, and upon finding out that I might actually get the modem back they ask me do I have the original box because there is some number on it that I will need to fill out the rebate to get the money back. They also said a bill from my current service provider will be enough to get the rebate.

When I went back to asking about the MAC Address they said they had no idea what it was. So then I asked them who they got modem from. They said they did not know. I asked for the model number. They did not know. I "nicely" called BS on that so they would not have a reason to hang the phone up. They told me the item was a Wireless 150 made by Zyxel.

5. I went to their website, and contacting them is nigh impossible unless you are a customer. They have a form to fill out, but you need a serial number, and a firmware number to get a call back from tech support. I just put "I don't know". So as of now I am waiting for Zyxel to see if I get a phone call.

If I do I will update this. If any of you can find the MAC address on the modem the information would be appreciated by many of us. More than likely it is on a sticker on the modem/router. If you are reading this, and you have the box it was shipped in, keep the box.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Techzilla/internet/Techzilla-Techzilla-and-the-useless-router-Internet-1067463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Techzilla