Complaint Review: Ted's Woodworking

• Reported By: Fugleman — Livermore California United States of America
Ted's Woodworking
219 Tama St. Slater, Iowa United States of America

Ted's Woodworking Ted McGrath Buyer beware! Slater Iowa

I bought the 16,000 woodworking plans from www.tedswoodworking.com based on something that I was looking to build. I put the item in the search box and was told there were 29 of them included in the plans I would be buying.

I paid $47 and downloaded a bunch of plans. I didn't count how many there are but I do doubt there are as many as they say. I looked for the item I wanted to build. It was a "wood copy carver".

I couldn't find it, so emailed the help desk. They informed me that I could do a routine search in each area. Still nothing. So I opened another ticket and told them that if they couldn't produce it I wanted a refund.

In the meanwhile I notified my cardholder bank that I was going to dispute it and why. They immediately took it off, never to be seen by me. Teds got in touch with me and told me how to apply for a refund which I also did.

I then went back to the original website and searched for a "Martin spurving"; 29 of those. Then I searched for a "Left-handed turbo Encabulator"; they have 49 of those and so on.

I then checked with the AWI, and they don't have him listed as a member. What I think he has done is grab a bunch of free drawing, (available to anyone), and sold them as his own.

I read somewhere what his true name is and that he lives in the UK, but I can't follow it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 12:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Teds-Woodworking/Slater-Iowa-/Teds-Woodworking-Ted-McGrath-Buyer-beware-Slater-Iowa-988465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ted's Woodworking