Complaint Review: Tefco

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 18, 2008

• Reported By:DADEVILLE Alabama
Tefco
408 S 6th St. Opelika, Alabama U.S.A.

Tefco uses threats, intimidation then REPO your vehicle even if its paid for Opelika Alabama

*Author of original report: Tefco

I bought a 1999 Dodge Dakota from a place called T.R. motrs who uses a finance company called TEFCO. This is the worse company I have ever dealt with. Let me start by saying, my deadbeat sister bought a vehicle from the same company and took off with it when she could no longer make the payments. No one in my family speaks to my sister. From the start TEFCO demanded I tell them where my sister is or they would close out my account and reposses my vehicle. I make my payments early if not then on time. My account should have nothing to do with my sister's account!

From the beginning of my relationship with tefco me and my brother (who also has an account with them) we told that they would "take care of us" if we told them where our sister was. Everytime we told them we don't speak with her and that her account has nothing to do with our account they would get angry. if we called them with any issue or question they harrassed us about our sister. Tefco would call us on our cellphones to ask where my sister was!

This nonsense didn't start until we got accounts with Tefco.

Well, there was an issue when a check failed to show up to tefco on time. When notified by a woman named Brandy I agreed to send another check for the payment. A few days later I called Tefco to make sure the payment was received. I was informed by a man named Herman E. Moore, Manager, that he was not going to accept my payment. When asked why he said because the counter check I sent them ( I had run out of regular checks) didn't have my account number on it. I said I had to write it in. Then he said, the routing number isn't on it. i said yes it is, it's printed on the check. he said agin I not accepting your payment. I said fine return my check to me. he said ok, where is "MY" truck? I'm taking it! I said your truck? Return my check first. And hung up.

Now I ask you, how can this foolish man refuse to take a payment and then question the validity of my check?! How can he then turn around and threaten to REPO a truck he has the payment for? Herman knows what a counter check looks like! He's a business man....well, kinda.

The story gets better. Two days later a lady named Wendy called me and said tefco hadn't received my payment yet. I said yes you did and filled her in on my little talk with Herman. Wendy sounded confused as she asked me to hold on. She came back and said Herman was going to check with the bank on the check and would then deposit it. I said, then what was all that the other day? She said she didn't know and handed the phone to Herman. Herman the proceeded to tell me he never said any of those things to me concerning the check and that he wasn't going to argue with me. I said who's arguing? You said you were not taking the check, you said you were going to repo truck. Why make threats and all that then accept the check two days later? Your not going to treat me like that. I will not be threatened!

If you live in southern Alabama, before you buy a used car off a lot ask what finance company they use. If they say Tefco, RUN the other way! They are in the business of threatening, intimitading and REPO NOT financing!!

I in no way condone what my sister did. There is a reason she is estranged from the family. But, Tefco has no right to treat a GOOD customer who makes her payment on time in this way. THEY MAKE ME SICK.

If anyone knows what office regulates companies like Tefco please let me know. This company needs a thorough investigation.

Yvrose
DADEVILLE, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tefco/Opelika-Alabama-36801/Tefco-uses-threats-intimidation-then-REPO-your-vehicle-even-if-its-paid-for-Opelika-Alaba-310653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tefco

AUTHOR: Seeyvroserun - (U.S.A.)

I recently went to court over the tefco issue. They sued my to repo the truck. They had started returning payments and demanded the return of the truck. which I refused to do. how can they violate the contract like that? I went to court and the same scenerio played out. Tefco just wanted the truck back. The judge actually left the case open so that we could work out payment for the truck. The judge asked repeatedly why they would accept payment fotr the truck and the lawyer just beat around the bush. In the end Tefco began to call and harrass my family and I gave up and returned the truck. I am apalled and amazed at this companies behavior as well as the fact that this America and I thought consumers have certain rights. I was wrong! When a judge won't enforce a contract you know the court system is on its way down the toilet.