Complaint Review: Tejas Thump Motorcycles

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 03, 2008

• Reported By:Montclair Virginia
Tejas Thump Motorcycles
1001 Lubbock Road Meadow, Texas U.S.A.

Tejas Thump Motorcycles Accepted Payment but has not shipped merchandise and has not responded to emails and voice messages Meadow Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Working around the clock to resolve these issues.

*Consumer Suggestion: Compassion

I placed an order online with Tejas Thump Cycles on June 10, 2008. Approximately three hours after placing the order, I received an order confirmation via email from the company without a shipping estimate. PayPal charged my credit card for the purchase amount the next day. I emailed the contact two days later asking for an estimated delivery date and a shipping / tracking number...never received a response. 3-4 days later I called the merchant and a recording stated the owner and father (don't know if this was the same person or referring to two people) died and to please be patient. I left a voice message with my condolences, name, phone number, order number, and asked that someone call me with a status on my order. After not receiving a return phone call or email, I called the number again and received a different recording that indicated the company is backlogged and be patient as someone would get back in touch with me. It is now 10 days later and I haven't heard a thing from this company. The website is still active, appears to be taking orders, and I cannot get a tracking number or let alone, received my parts. I filed a claim with PayPal who stated they cannot guarantee a refund, rather will try to "work" with the merchant in getting a refund...beginning to think PayPal is a "rip-off," too. My next step is to contact my credit card company and dispute the purchase through them.

Glen
Montclair, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tejas-Thump-Motorcycles/Meadow-Texas-79345/Tejas-Thump-Motorcycles-Accepted-Payment-but-has-not-shipped-merchandise-and-has-not-respo-342506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tejas Thump Motorcycles

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Working around the clock to resolve these issues.

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

I am so sorry that the death of my father impacted your order - and I can assure you that we are doing everything we can in order to keep our customers happy. Please allow us the time to re-group and resolve all the issues. We have always done good business, and take pride in offering the best deals on the web with one of the largest selections offered. Our customer service policy is in place to assure quality service and we are working around the clock to correct the problems, issue refunds as necessary or rushing orders out as quickly as possible. There will be many changes in the near future both on the site and in the operations of TTC. We appreciate your patience, and as always, we are glad to assist you with your problems. Please contact us at customerservice@tejasthumpcycles.com with reference to your complaint. Have a great day!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Compassion

AUTHOR: Deb - (U.S.A.)

Since this company has experienced a death in the family (and I can confirm that they indeed have), a little compassion would go a long way in negotiating a win-win solution to this situation. I understand that when you order and pay for an item, you want it ASAP. However, life has a way of throwing unforseen wrenches into the works. When you deal with a "Mom & Pop business," you may sometimes need to take life-altering situations into consideration. If it were me, as a consumer, in this situation, I'd cut them some slack and realize that, while this order may take some time to resolve, I *do* have my health, I *am* alive--and that my order is *not* a life-and-death situation. Offering condolences is a gracious move, but then slamming them with a rip-off report seems counter-productive at this point. I'm not suggesting you just write off the experience; I'm just suggesting that you might want to give them some time to re-group so they can better address the needs of their customers. Besides, if you placed this purchase on your credit card, you can stop payment quit easily. The company has a good reputation is West Texas.