Complaint Review: TeleCheck

• Submitted: Wed, April 28, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, April 28, 2010

• Reported By: MikeBigado — Plano Texas United States of America
5251 Westheimer Houstom, Texas United States of America

TeleCheck FirstData Won't give information and request subscription signup scam Houstom, Texas

I visited Sam's Warehouse and presented a check for $221.28 which was declined and I was given a number to call at Telecheck. The toll free number had a recorded message with instructions to enter my bank info and check number. Then I was transferred to another automated recording that I would receive the info via text message to my cell phone and would be charged $9.00 a month for the "service" and directory assistance of up to 20 searches per month. What kind of scam are they running here? I went to their website and found no indication of what Denied Telecheck Reason 08 is.

I called Sam's and they gave me 3 other numbers to call which were the same recorded message system instructing me to go to their website. I called Sam's back and the customer service person said to call the bank. Its something with the system.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2010 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TeleCheck/Houstom-Texas-77056/TeleCheck-FirstData-Wont-give-information-and-request-subscription-signup-scam-Houstom-T-597915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TeleCheck