Complaint Review: TeleCheck

• Reported By: Ethan — Bangor Michigan
TeleCheck
5251 Westheimer Houston , Texas USA

TeleCheck "For Your Protection?" Houston Texas

Went to purchase $820 worth of stuff from Guitar Center. Was told they could not approve my check after taking my Drivers Liecense # and phone #. I called the bank and there was no issue on their end they told me. So I found out they use Tele Check at Guitar Center. I called Tele Check and was told in a automated message, " We did not decline your check for Non-Suffeciant Funds or Fraudulent checks." "based on your spending habits we are denying your check for your protection of check fraud".

After I got through to a customer service person I am only told they use a variable of measures to approve checks and our spending habits have not shown to be that high. So they are watching out for our protection and fraud of checks. I told the representive I have a bank that handles that. She said she was "Sorry for my incovenience" But as I use their service more they can approve more checks.

Why would I want to use a service that will not let you spend your money cause they act like they are protecting you. These fraudulent companies are costing buisnesses money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TeleCheck/Houston-Texas-77210/TeleCheck-For-Your-Protection-Houston-Texas-1126210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TeleCheck