Complaint Review: TeleUno International

• Updated: Sun, July 17, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Naches Washington USA
TeleUno International

TeleUno International TeleUno complaints Internet

One day I received an anonymous call from a telephone company in Albuquerque, New Mexico (as it read on my caller ID) telling me that my phone line was going to be temporarily disconnected for about 3 hours due to a system upgrade.  The agent told me that they needed to verify that they were talking to someone over-age in order to temporarily disconnect my phone line then they requested me to give them my birth date.  About 1 hour passed after I received the phone call then I was curious to check to see if there was still a tone on my phone line and there was.
            I asked myself: why would I be told that my phone line was going to be disconnected temporarily for a system upgrade when it was never disconnected, as well as for my birth date?  About one month later I received a bill in the mail from long distance phone company TeleUno for long distance phone calls that I made when I never even joined this long distance company.  I suspect that they tricked me into giving them my birth date so that TeleUno could switch my long distance phone service with them.
            NetOne has been my long distance phone company for the past 15 years with lower rates than TeleUno.  Logically, why would I pay more for long distance phone service with TeleUno when I have lower rates with NetOne?  Obviously, TeleUno switched my long distance phone service without my authorization and billed me for it.  I suspect that they are also using a wave editor to edit my recorded phone calls to make them say I want your phone service when I said I dont want your phone service throughout the recordings.

Beatriz
Yakima, WA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2011 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TeleUno-International/internet/TeleUno-International-TeleUno-complaints-Internet-754247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TeleUno International