Complaint Review: Telecheck Electronic Check Acceptance Service

• Submitted: Sat, March 26, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 13, 2012

• Reported By: kay55 — Lake Oswego Oregon United States of America
Telecheck Electronic Check Acceptance Service
5251 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77056 City of Industry, California United States of America

Telecheck Electronic Check Acceptance Service Sent me an invoice for $168.77 for a Walmart Store that is in another state. Saying that my paper check could not be converted to a special check reader. The transaction that I supposedly made cannot City of Industry, California

*Consumer Comment: walmart and telecheck

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Your Bank

*Consumer Comment: Check your credit reports to see if you have any suspicious activity...

I received an invoice in the amount of $168.77 from Telecheck Electronic Check Acceptance Service stating that I had used the Merchant: Wal-mart No. 2550  and that my paper check must be read with a special check reader, and that information must be accurately transmitted to TeleCheck to ensure a complete transaction.  Unfortunately, the transaction that I supposedly authorized could not be completed because the banking information was not read correctly by the check reader.

This company wants me to contact them at 888-263-4935 and verify my banking information.

This is a new one for me.  Number 1:  The Walmart store is in Vancouver, Washington.  I live in Oregon and very rarely do I shop at Walmart.  If I do ever shop at Walmart it would be paying by credit card.  And I most certainly did not shop at Walmart in Vancouver, Washington  on February 18, 2011.

Number 2:  I do not shop in the State of Washington.  Why would I when Washington has a sales tax and Oregon does not have a sales tax.

This spells SCAM SCAM SCAM.  There is no way I would ever call this company and give them any personal banking information.

I will be forwarding this Invoice on the the Postmaster and also to the Oregon Attorney General's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2011 12:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Telecheck-Electronic-Check-Acceptance-Service/City-of-Industry-California-91716-0022/Telecheck-Electronic-Check-Acceptance-Service-Sent-me-an-invoice-for-16877-for-a-Walmar-710400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Telecheck Electronic Check Acceptance Service

walmart and telecheck

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I had the same experience, except I tried to write a check to my insurance company at one of their retail outlets.   They would not except my check!  I couldn't believe it.  The gave me a piece of paper that said they could not accept my check based on information provided by telecheck.  When I called, telecheck said i wrote a check in Texas (i live in Michigan), and they could not process the check because telecheck could not read my bank account number!  I was in Texas, and I did write the check, but the funds were always available.  I never reconciled my checkbook, and didn't notice that the check never cleared (I'm going to check with my bank to make sure).  In any event, the ineptness of TeleCheck cost me a great deal of time and money.  The gas to and from my insurance office (25 miles), the 2-3 hours I spent on the telephone with Telecheck to resolve this matter. and the humiliation of the whole incident.  I figure that they owe me.  This is what I'm going to do.  1.  Change insurance companies 2.  Not pay the outstanding amount unless Telecheck reimburses me for my costs associated with their ineptness. 3.  I'm going to several of my local Walmarts and I may load my basket full of expensive steaks, milk, eggs, frozen foods and roll the basket around for 2-3 hours.  I will then attempt to pay with a check.  If they don't accept my check, they will have to deal with the costs associated with Telecheck in the form of unsellable groceries!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Your Bank

AUTHOR: Storm - (USA)

First thing I would do is contact my bank or even visit the bank with the invoice in hand.

Then, I would contact the Wal-Mart in question.

Check your credit reports to see if you have any suspicious activity...

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

Telecheck is a legitimate company.

It sounds like someone passed a fraudulent check at Walmart using your banking information.

Obviously you would not be responsible for someone stealing your info, but if it were me, I would file a police report and follow ID theft procedures to protect yourself. Go to the FTC (dot) gov site and look under Identity Theft for a list of items to do and contacts for filing various reports with various agencies, including the big 3 CRA's.

I hope you get this stopped right away before any further damage is done to you.