Complaint Review: Telecheck, TRS Recovery

• Updated: Sat, January 24, 2009

• Reported By:McKinney Texas
Telecheck, TRS Recovery
Nationwide U.S.A.

Telecheck, TRS Recovery Telecheck, TRS Recovery Telecheck is a scam - charging me for a check that cleared my bank! Nationwide

First they called my wife. Said they had a check that had bounced at our bank, been turned over to them by Toyota, but later paid, and wanted to directly deposit the bounced check fee back into our bank account. She said call me, cause I handle all that. So, these folks called me. The caller ID on my cell showed only "201.2". They stated they were from TRS Check Recovery Services. Same line, we had a check that bounced, but it really didn't, wanted to (get this) verify the account and routing code THEY had was correct.

Well, I knew for a fact, neither of our accounts had suffered a bounced check. I said, ok, what is the number. The number they stated didn't even have enough numbers to qualify for a valid routing number or account. I said, okay that's correct, they said it would be posted to our account in 3 days.

No more than 5 minutes later, I got a call from "201.2". I got 2 of them. I answered none of them. Meanwhile, back on the internet, I searched for "trs scam" and found a plethera of hits. Yea, verify this routing code, no its wrong, here, use MINE. I don't think so. Folks, never, ever, neverever give out ANY information to people you don't know, no matter what the circumstances are. Don't experience identity theft as I did once upon a time to wise up.

Also, check out report #274199 on this site. Its the one I found about TRS first.

Mada
McKinney, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2009 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Telecheck-TRS-Recovery/nationwide/Telecheck-TRS-Recovery-Telecheck-TRS-Recovery-Telecheck-is-a-scam-charging-me-for-a-ch-415667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Telecheck, TRS Recovery