Complaint Review: Telecheck

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:Cortland Ohio
Telecheck
http://www.firstdata.com/support/telecheck_consumer_services/index.htm Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Telecheck - Walmart, Borders, CVS Check erroneously declined due to Telecheck database error Houston Texas

On 6/13/2008, a check for $158.65 was declined by Walmart by Telecheck. The teller gave me a ticket with an 800 # to call. I knew there was nothing wrong with the checking account; plenty of money in the bank; same checking account since 1994 & no bounced checks. Perturbed, gave the cashier a credit card & resigned myself to not shop at Walmart again. Which is a good thing for me as I probably employ at least (3) people a month with the money I spend there. The same thing happened at Border's yesterday (6/19/2008) so I decided to call Telecheck. The 800 # prompts for the routing & account #'s, phone number, etc., finally get a live person & they make you repeat the same information all over again. Already extremely vexed, get a fellow who was less than civil, wanting yet even more information! I had to go retrieve my husband's driver's license, came back to give it & he had hung up. Had to go through the entire process again & to make a long story short was told that there was another file attached to mine (presumably bad) & that it would take (3) days to correct the problem. The girl that delivered this news was polite & apologetic; however, I am still never going to shop at Walmart & will most likely take my business to a book store that doesn't use Telecheck (I will be looking for the Telecheck logo).

Actually, cash is probably a very good thing... starve the databases!

Linda
Cortland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Telecheck/Houston-Texas/Telecheck-Walmart-Borders-CVS-Check-erroneously-declined-due-to-Telecheck-database-err-342363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Telecheck