Complaint Review: Telequest

5544 Maple Dr. Dallas, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 514-560-4785
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Telequest Contact person: Mike Paruso, Telequest Mail Fraud - They send you a check which you are to use to qualify as a Mystery Shopper Dallas, Texas

The envelope has a stamp of Canada & did not have a return address. It contained a check for $3400.00 with Cactus Environmental Services' as the payor with an address of 4960 Singleton BLVD, Dallas, TX 75212. Check shows the Partners Bank of Texas. The cover letter is addressed to me, as is the Check which is also payable to me.  The letter head on cover letter and evaluation sheet does not match the address on check, instead both had  Telequest, 5544 Maple Dr. Dallas, TX 75202 as the Mystery and Paid Survey provider.

The cover letter states that this research program is fully paid and would be a permanent part-time position for a few selected who are able to distinguish themselves in the course of this training program. After this training program my salary would increase to $400.00 per week for the first three months. Additional increments will follow upon my acceptance as permitted by staff.  The first evaluation will take place at any Western Union located close to me.  The objective was to evaluate the the payment system. I was to pose as a potential customer customer sending money to an evaluator in the United States. I was instructed to call for clarification on whom to send the money to.  My agent was to give me names of appointed evaluators to whom the transfer would go to.  Once completed I would fill out the enclosed form and fax it to number provided. then I was to go to one of these retail stores: MACYS, K-MART, or SEARS. Where I would spend $75.00 on products while evaluating customer services. Merchandise acquired in my second assignment is for me to keep.  The breakdown of these funds was listed as such.

1.  Payment for Services:   $300.00

2.  Funds for Western Union evaluation:  $2855.00

3.  Western Union service charges:  $170.00

4.  Funds for shopping for one of the above mentioned retail stores: $75.00

Total: $3400.00

For fund activation, please call before depositing your check in your bank. Speck with Mike Paruso

Signed by: Cizar Thibault

Sponsors: Cactus; Bledsoe

After reviewing this check and cover letter, I got on line and started looking up the bank, the company the check was drawn from and Telequest.  I found this website, and thank "Friendly" for her entry.  Protect yourself, DO NOT put this check in your account.  Contact your local police department and your local post master.  I didn't even contact this company.  However, I did contact Cactus environmental services and speak with an employee there that confirmed my suspicion of Mail Fraud and asked if I would fax a copy of this check and letters to them.

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2009 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Telequest/Dallas-Texas-75202/Telequest-Contact-person-Mike-Paruso-Telequest-Mail-Fraud-They-send-you-a-check-which-533260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Telequest