Complaint Review: Teliflex Long Distance, Capital Travel Agency, Agents Travel Network

• Submitted: Thu, July 28, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, July 28, 2005

• Reported By:Bangor Maine
Teliflex Long Distance, Capital Travel Agency, Agents Travel Network
3303 Seffner Dr. Holiday, Florida U.S.A.

Teliflex Long Distance, Capital Travel Agency, Agents Travel Network ripoff St. Petersburg And Holiday Florida

I received a call from a telemarketer saying I would receive a free vacation if I did this free trial for a long distance phone card and information on the travel agency. The person calling already had my account information and said they were referred to me, me being only 19 and stupid, didn't question how he got it. I never received any information, calling cards, or a trip from the companies, so I called the number the telemarketer called me from on my cell phone. The person I spoke to said they could not help me, couldnt get my information, and I had to wait for the packet to come in the mail, it had already been 3 weeks. The next day a charge of $59.95 was made to my account and caused me to overdraw $70. I called the company and they said I would be refunded. I put a complaint in with my bank and while I was waiting to hear back on that, a week later a charge of 49.95 was made to my account by Teliflex, causing me to have overdraft fees of an extra $105. Teliflex had now taken money too. Meanwhile, I never received a check from the travel agency. My bank had a number for each company, I called and complained, took the names of the people I spoke with and said I would sue them if I didnt receive refund checks in the mail within a week. I received the call on 6/21/05, the 59.95 was removed on 7/14/05 and the 49.95 on 7/20/05 by a computerized check that the bank printed a copy out for me. On 7/28/05 I received my refund checks and the bank refunded me the overdraft money because I didn't authorize the removal of my funds. I was lucky to receive all my money back, but I wanted to make this report because of the unfortunate people who don't get their money back. It's a hastle and these companies should pay for what they're doing to innocent people. I closed my account and opened a new one in fear it wasn't safe anymore. Luckily I closed it in time. Now after reading so many reports, I realized I lucked out and hadn't gotten the charge of $149.

IF YOU CALL THE NUMBER AND CAN'T REACH A PERSON, PUSH THE POUND (#) KEY AND JUST WAIT, THATS WHAT I DID! The numbers I have are 800-432-6350 for capital travel agency and 866-821-8674 for teliflex

The name of one person I spoke with was Les McCain. One of the rudest people I have spoken with. They can refund you just by calling, they did for me at least. I called to make sure my refund checks were in the mail and I received Les again to my surprise.

If you have your account information on your computer be careful. The only thing I have ever bought online is I-Tunes music so I thought my information was safe, I guess not. YOURS ISN'T EITHER!!

Bangor, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2005 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Teliflex-Long-Distance-Capital-Travel-Agency-Agents-Travel-Network/Holiday-Florida-34691/Teliflex-Long-Distance-Capital-Travel-Agency-Agents-Travel-Network-ripoff-St-Petersburg-151636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Teliflex Long Distance, Capital Travel Agency, Agents Travel Network