Complaint Review: Telmark Consumer Services

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2002

• Reported By:Shippensburg pa
Telmark Consumer Services
Po box 15049 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

telmark consumer services: credit card rip off scam

I applied via telephone for what I was told was going to be either a gold or platinum visa card. Unknowingly, I provided them with my personal information and bank account # so that they could deduct my "membership fee" ($219 to be exact). The transactions went through (unfortunately) and 4 weeks later I recieve a package in the mail.

Inside is a platinum "members card" for telemark consumer services and a catalog to buy a bunch of cheap crap. Naturally I was upset as I was expecting an actual credit card. So I called the company.

I was on hold at least 10 minutes and when I finally get a representative Im told that I will be recieving credit card offers in the mail. wait, what? I thought I signed up for a credit card? No, they tell me, I have to fill out the paper work before they can issue a card.

Now this place is in Florida and Im supposed to be recieving card offers from South Dakota? So now im upset that I just paid this fee and Im going to get slapped with another membership fee from another card company. SCAM! I then asked for a refund because this whole deal is too much hassle (I now prefer to use cash!) and lo and behold, no refunds can be issued. So now im stuck;

Im out $219 and I still didnt get a credit card or even a form in the mail. I guess they'll just keep my money and get away with screwing more and more people

James
Shippensburg, PA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Telmark-Consumer-Services/Jacksonville-Florida-32239-5049/telmark-consumer-services-credit-card-rip-off-scam-12823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Telmark Consumer Services