Complaint Review: Templeton Group

• Updated: Tue, October 08, 2013

• Reported By: Zenna — Farmingdale New York
Templeton Group
1025 Old Country Rd Westbury, New York USA

Templeton Group & Ralph Iantosca scamming customers on loan modifications Westbury New York

I heard a radio advertisement on ABC radio for The Templeton Group and loan refinances as low as 2%. I called the 1-800 number and spoke with a lady who asked me if I had ever missed a mortgage payment. I explained to her that I missed a payment many years ago but my credit was excellent. She told me that someone would be calling me to schedule an appointment.

The next day I received a call from Ralph Iantosca and we set up an appointment to meet at my house. Ralph came to my house dressed in a suit. He sat with me and my wife and told us that he would help us refinance our mortgage to under 3%. [continued below]....

..... I asked him how this was done. He explained that they work with government programs to do a loan modification. I asked how much this would cost and he told me that it would be $3,900 only if the loan modification was successful. We filled out some paperwork and wrote a check to "The Templeton Group" for $3,900. Ralph gave me his personal guarantee that this check would not be cashed until the Loan Modification went through. Ralph advised me that if the Loan Modification was denied or did not go through that he would give me the check back.

We received no paperwork from Ralph. He explained that this is all verbal contract. He said the only paperwork is the loan modification paperwork that he would send to the bank. He assured me again with his personal guarantee that I would only be charged if the loan modification went through.

3 days later my wife saw that the $3,900 had come out of our checking account. The check had been cashed at a check cashing location in Brooklyn, NY. I called Ralph's cell phone and he told me that the check was cashed and I would not be getting any money back. I called my bank who had no knowledge of a loan refinance or modification. I tried to call Ralph back and it went to voicemail. I tried reaching him every day for 2 weeks. At this point I searched for Ralph's information on the internet. I called Ralph's house in Oceanside and spoke with his father. Ralph called me 5 minutes later telling me that the first rule of business is to never call his house. I asked Ralph what the status of my Refinance/Modification was and he told me that I will never get a refund. He basically laughed at me on the phone.

I told Ralph that I would go to the police and courts and try to get my money back. At this point Ralph told me that he has nothing to do with the money. He explained to me that this is a corporation and he is not liable. I have tried calling the Templeton office and they just tell me to call Ralph directly. I have tried to call Ralph over and over again with no results.

Moral of this story is DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE! This company is a big scam. Ralph's Facebook says he is "Director of Operations at Claremont Funding LLC" - I looked up this company and they were shut down by the Department of Financial Services for this exact reason. Templeton's phone number now does not work. They have now changed their name to "My Modification Loan". They have been at the same location in Westbury. I am too afraid to go to this location because the windows are tinted and it looks dangerous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2013 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Templeton-Group/Westbury-New-York-11590/Templeton-Group-Ralph-Iantosca-scamming-customers-on-loan-modifications-Westbury-New-Yo-1090449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Templeton Group