Complaint Review: Tempur-Pedic

• Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: Baz — Suwanee Georgia United States of America
Tempur-Pedic
1713 Jaggie Fox Way Lexington, Kentucky United States of America

Tempur-Pedic Tempur Tempur-Pedic does not honor Warranty Claims Lexington, Kentucky

*Consumer Comment: Your Ripoff Claim is Unwarranted

I have owned a King size Rhapsody Bed Tempur-pedic bed with the tempurpedic box springs. I purchased this on July 13th, 2007 from an online source re-selling Tempur-pedic beds. The bed was delivered to me brand new and the trucking company unloaded the bed and removed the packing material. In November 2010, I noticed that I began having back aches and found out that there was a large split on my side of the bed where my butt laid. It would sink into large split during the night. I was assured by the sales person that Tempurpedic has a 10/20 year warranty where 10 year is full replacement and the remaining 10 years is prorated. On January 15th, 2011, I submitted a warranty claim (form was sent to me by Tempurpedic). I completed the form with the necessary pictures of the split along with information on the mfg tag showing that the mattress was mfg on June 14th, 2007. On Jan 26th, 2011, I received an email from the Tempurpedic warranty team stating that my warranty claim was declined. The reason was due to online sales from an un-authorized tempurpedic mattress store. They stated that they would have their legal team pursue this mattress company that was unauthorized. Well this leaves me in a predicament. I purchased online since I got a better price for the bed set and knowing that tempurpedic had a 10/20 year warranty I was not in fear of not having problems in the event I had an issue with the product. As a consumer, I am now left with an expensive bed that I cannot get the manufacturer (Tempurpedic) to replace my bed. This is very upsetting. I purchased a tempurpedic because of the comfort that everyone was touting but the company does not stand by its warranty and its disturbing for a company this size.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2011 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tempur-Pedic/Lexington-Kentucky-40511/Tempur-Pedic-Tempur-Tempur-Pedic-does-not-honor-Warranty-Claims-Lexington-Kentucky-687285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tempur-Pedic

Your Ripoff Claim is Unwarranted

AUTHOR: bcrudisill - (United States of America)

Firstly, I am a proud owner of a king size Rhapsody bed by Tempurpedic. Secondly, I sell mattresses of all kinds, including Tempurpedic. What you need to realize is that when you purchase a "resold" matress-from any company-the warranty is dead. Same with buying from a company that is not licensed to sell their product. So far you fall into both categories. Moreover, Tempurpedic is one of a select few companies whose pricing structures are vendor-controlled. That means if you buy their mattress at a lower price than they list on their website, you are not buying according to their standards. If a company sells you their mattress at a discount price without you knowing, you need to file a lawsuit against the company you purchased from-not be angry with Tempurpedic. However, if you understood that they were selling "resold" mattresses, you might have a hard time in court.