Complaint Review: Tenneco Rewards Rebate Offer For Monroe Shocks &Struts

• Updated: Mon, June 24, 2013

• Reported By: efowble — Thousand Oaks California
Tenneco Rewards Rebate Offer For Monroe Shocks &Struts
500 North Field Drive, Lake Forest, IL 60045 Lake Forest, Illinois USA

Tenneco Rewards Rebate Offer For Monroe Shocks &Struts Tenneco Rewards promises rebate check is processed and should arrive in a few weeks every time I call. It never arrives. Lake Forest Illinois

*Author of original report: They still are at it...using the same tactics I see.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: no rebate for me

*Author of original report: Don't stop till they pay what they owe...

*Consumer Comment: Same lies, different day

*UPDATE Employee: Tenneco/Monroe Response

Looks like I am not the only victim of Tenneco's "Rebate" Rewards program.

I got the struts replaced on our 2004 Volvo S40 on March 1, 2013 because PepBoys in Thousand Oaks, CA was offering rebates on Monroe Struts. The rebate was the reason why I chose to get the work done at the time I did, as I was shopping for the best prices on my very limited budget. I got the work done, went home and got ALL the proper paperwork together for the rebate and mailed it off within a day or 2 after getting the work done so that I could be re-imbursed quickly. I recieved an email on April 8, 2013 telling me my rebate was denied because the product #'s on the invoice do not match the claim. I then called Tenneco right away at the phone# in the email to find out what went wrong. After talking to a representative of Tenneco about this issue, he proceded to pull up my paperwork. After a long time waiting he then told me that I didn't include the right things in my paperwork. I knew that I did and I told him I submitted EVERYTHING properly and included the cardboard cut-outs from the Monroe Strut boxes that show the correct product #'s. He had me wait again and then came back on and said that I was correct and that I did include everything properly and that my rebate is now approved and it should be a few weeks for processing. I felt good about that and was looking forward to recieving the rebate in the time he told me.

Over a month went by and still nothing. So I called them again to check on the status. A lady looked up my information and told me that all is approved and that it is still being processed and should be sent out in a few weeks. I said "okay, thank you."

It is now June 24, 2013 and I haven't recived it yet. I called Tenneco AGAIN this morning at 8:45 am approximately, and after waiting for about 10 or 15 minutes for a representative to answer I informed the lady who answered (sounded like the same lady), that I have not recieved my rebate yet and it has been over 3 months. She looked up my information and told me that it was approved and being processed and it should be a few weeeks. I couldn't believe what I just heard and told her that every time I call, someone tells me the same thing...that my check should arrive in a few weeks. She repeated herself about my rebate being approved and it should arrive in a few weeks and that it has been held up probably because they have so many claims they are processing.  She then said if it doesn't arrive in a few weeks to call them back. I said "okay, I will do that, thank you".

I have been pretty patient with these people and my doubts about them led me to investigate on the internet if other people are having the same problem as me. Sure enough, I have come across a few complaints about the very same thing. And I am betting that many more people are dealing with this same issue and just haven't taken the time to report them as I am doing right now. Many people don't know howto go about doing this. I am new to doing this and have never done this before. But I am extremely bothered about this because Tenneco presents themselves as a really big company with integrity and has partnered with many other companies offering these incentives. The rebate incentives draw a lot of people in to get work or service done or purchasing of goods in are promised a refund of a certain amount if they submit all their rebate paperwork correctly and within a certain deadline.

Well, it looks like you can send all your proper paperwork for the rebate claim and get it in in time but you will not recieve anything except empty promises, a long run-around and a huge waste of time in order to hopefully get us to just blow it off and forget about it. This is unacceptable. I have sent them an email today, June 24, 2013, and told them that I will wait 3 more weeks and that I am marking it on my calendar. This will take me to July 8 2013. I told them that if it hasn't arrived by then that this is going to become a legal matter. I am a member of Legal Shield and also an associate of Legal Shield, so getting in touch with Parker Stanbury (one of the best attorney outfits around) is just a phone call away.

Whoever else out there is reading this and dealing with the same thing, please take the time to log it onto this site and as many sites as you can in order to build a case against these people. Thanks for reading and we will see what happens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tenneco-Rewards-Rebate-Offer-For-Monroe-Shocks-Struts/Lake-Forest-Illinois-60045/Tenneco-Rewards-Rebate-Offer-For-Monroe-Shocks-Struts-Tenneco-Rewards-promises-rebate-c-1061605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tenneco Rewards Rebate Offer For Monroe Shocks &Struts

They still are at it...using the same tactics I see.

AUTHOR: efowble - ()

Get a lawyer and let them know that you are going to get a case going immediately if they don't pay right away. That's what I did and finally got my rebate. They know you can't sue once they pay. So they push it out as long as they can hoping you will just give up.

Sorry to see you are going through this. It's a serious pain...but it's the principal of the matter that needs to be dealt with. And that's what I was after as well as my rebate. They offer a rebate and need to do right and send the rebate when we comply with their rules. That is what is fair.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

no rebate for me

AUTHOR: Leslie - ()

After a frustrating 2 1/2 months waiting for my Tenneco rewards rebate, I decided to go on the internet to see if there were other complaints about this rebate company.  I bought Monroe struts in late April with the idea I would get a $150.00 rebate. (They say $120.00, so ok maybe I was mistaken.)

I received a comfirmation email on May 15, 2014 saying I would get the rebate in 4-6 weeks.  On July 8, 2 months later, I called them up and told them I had not received the rebate.  They said they would mail it out in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.  I called them about 2 1/2 weeks later and they said if I don't receive it in the mail, I could refile for it on August 8.

Why wouldn't I receive it?  They must know something. Of course, it wasn't even in the mail by August 1st and I'm pretty sure I will be refiling for it on August 8th.  Then I read about other people not getting their rebates a year ago!  Has anyone ever received a rebate from this company?

Don't stop till they pay what they owe...

AUTHOR: efowble - ()

They want you to just get tired of trying to get your rebate or hope that you will just give up or forget about it. I'm sure the more people that forget or give up just leaves more money in their pocket. But the thing is...they offer the rebate. So they need to pay it out correctly or they are scamming people. And we shouldn't have to fight for it and go to these extremes. I literally had a lawyer waiting to hit this case if I didn't get paid in the time frame they told me in the end. I'm the one who wrote this lengthy report. I put the exact details down of how they treated me. I saw through their lies they tell everyone to keep us hanging on the line in hopes that you give up or forget. Don't let it happen.

Same lies, different day

AUTHOR: Kevin B. - ()

There is little truth to that. Today is 4-14-14. I have been waiting since last year. If there was any truth or sincerity on your part at all, you would have at least answered my emails. By the way, if you ever do give me my money back, I'll post it same day I receive it.

Tenneco/Monroe Response

AUTHOR: Tenneco - ()

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We agree that there has been an unacceptable delay in processing and mailing your rebate reward. We identified a quality issue with the prepaid debit card mailing documents and were working with our third-party promotional fulfillment partners to eliminate the problem. In the meantime, our internal customer service team is reviewing the files of all customers affected by this delay to expedite processing of all rebate rewards. If you would like to speak directly with a member of this team, please contact us at ProgramHQ@tenneco.com. Please accept our apology for this inconvenience and we assure you that the issue has been corrected.

Tenneco Program Headquarters