Complaint Review: Tep Wireless

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: Jennifer M — New York New York
Tep Wireless
Internet USA

Tep Wireless Poor wi-fi service, unresponsive customer support team, and missing battery with no refund Internet

I pre-paid for a 10 day rental of a "mi-fi" pocket wifi, plus an extra battery. When I picked up the package at Heathrow, the extra battery was not in there, but the pick-up location didn't have any extras. I contacted customer support and after a full day they replied, saying they could send the extra battery by courier to my hotel; it nevera arrived.

After attemping to get a hold of Tep after this - through both email and phone - I was unable to get responses. So, I was left without a spare battery, which was really essential since the wifi battery really only lasts about 3 hours even with little/moderate use.

Main problems:

1. I ordered an extra battery that wasn't in the package when I picked it up.

2. Customer support was nonresponsive to emails and phone calls where I tried to get the battery delivered to my hotel

3. I never received a refund for the extra battery which I had prepaid for.

4. The wifi had poor service and very poor connectivity. I often had to restart the wifi multiple times before it would connect to my phone (but my phone had no problem connecting to cafe or hotel wifi signals).

5. The wifi signal was often weak and very slow, often taking many minutes to open a simple webpage. This was even in London, where the signal should be as strong as ever.

6. Customer service has be3en completely unresponsive about a refund for the missing battery which I had paid for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tep-Wireless/internet/Tep-Wireless-Poor-wi-fi-service-unresponsive-customer-support-team-and-missing-battery-1063784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tep Wireless